Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Default Re: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

I can see how that would be a problem, but People really do need their phones in case of Emergency, Maybe use one that has no camera?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

A 'no camera' phone is few and far between these days! lol
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It seemed to me at Sat. night show most people were respectful & didn't use the phones or take pictures, but there are always a few people that sneak some pics in. At least that was the case where I was sitting & I had full view of the front sections, as I was on the side but close.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Today at work, I moved from the location where I'd been sitting since March and back to the area where I sat when I first moved here. I mentioned that I wouldn't be in the rest of the wee, and so of course someone asked me where the Eagles were playing this time. Someone who is new to the group listened as others explained my Eagles adventures, and a conversation ensued. Someone asked why they hadn't seen any pictures from me of the concerts. So I mentioned 'the rule' about cameras, even with cell phones.

The new person said, "What a great idea! I wish other bands would do that." Others were shocked by that and one said, "Everyone takes photos with their phones." The guy said that he had determined he'd not go to any more concerts, because the last one he went to, the guy in front of him used an iPad to take photos and video and it blocked his view the entire evening. He said he and the lady behind him both asked the guy to put it down, and the guy said 'no'. Apparently security was uninterested in doing anything about it. His exact words as he ended the conversation? "Everyone using cell phones and tablets has completely ruined concert experiences for my wife and I. It's way too much money to spend and only see the artist through someone else's lens." He then asked me if the Eagles would be coming to Louisville anytime soon.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I think the problem is when heavy-handed security becomes even more distracting than the phones / cameras / etc.

The past couple of shows have been better about this, though - let's hope the trend continues!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

If you're not going to ban cell phones, at least ban tablets. Those seem to be the worst offenders because they seem to care least about blocking the view of those around them and the block far more people than a phone does.

Friday night at the Eagles show a guy down the row from me not only took out a tablet but left the flash on. Not only were security on him in seconds, the rest of the row pointed towards the guy to make sure the right person got busted.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Funny, pfd!

I can't believe people have the nerve to take a tablet and try to use it! A cell phone or camera is not nearly as bad, but I do sympathize with those whose views are getting blocked.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think the problem is when heavy-handed security becomes even more distracting than the phones / cameras / etc.
    Bingo.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

On Thurs night at the Garden I was in front section C, & the security was pretty strict about the pictures. One guy in my row was told that if he took one more pic or video, he would be thrown out, but he was told several times to stop.
    I for one, being only 5'2" was grateful that people were not video taping. I was able to see really great from 13th row, toward the center, near Joe.
    We had a great time. I mean Eagles Sat night & Thurs night!
    What could be better than that!!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

OK, I do not understand the tablet thing!!! Why on earth would someone leave the house for any event with a tablet under their arm or in their bag, with the intention of using it to record video??!! I have to think that these people also have phones that record and require only one hand to hold up...I seriously don't get it! They look so dorky!!! Next we'll see someone with a desktop and a full-size monitor camera holding up the entire contraption!!