Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favourite Eagles album... by artwork

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Your favourite Eagles album... by artwork

NightMistBlue - my sister called back and there are no posters in the LP box set. I didn't think there were any posters but I wanted to make sure. I have seen some of the posters on Ebay especially the Hotel California one but you always need to check for their condition.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, Houston! I sure appreciate it.

I'll keep checking Ebay now and then.

My copy of the Greatest Hits CD didn't come with any art work beyond the front cover. I bought it back in the 1990s.

But there's a site online that depicts a whole booklet for this release, with snazzy photos of each band member. Does anyone know the story with this - was it for a later release, possibly a remastered version? Thank you.

http://coverlib.com/entry/id444000/t...-greatest-hits

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Can I put Eagles Live as my favorite? I love how it looks like a trunk for the band on the road. To me, that really fits the liive theme. Plus, I like how, on the vinyl, it feels realistic (the lock part is raised up). Also, I have the poster to partially thank for becoming a hardcore fan.

If I had to pick a studio album as a favorite, Hotel California then.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    My copy of the Greatest Hits CD didn't come with any art work beyond the front cover. I bought it back in the 1990s.

But there's a site online that depicts a whole booklet for this release, with snazzy photos of each band member. Does anyone know the story with this - was it for a later release, possibly a remastered version? Thank you.

This is the first time I have ever seen or heard of it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Only four albums came with hangable posters: On the Border, One of These Nights, Hotel California, and Eagles Live. You can check them out via these "Cover Art" links, which also include inserts and album posters:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...r/coverart.htm

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...n/coverart.htm

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...a/coverart.htm

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...e/coverart.htm
    Just re-reading this thread & I don't see any poster for OOTN.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

I believe this version of the Greatest Hits is a Japanese import. I worked in music retail for most of my life and have never come across this before.

It's all in English though. Would that be standard for a Japanese import?

Oh, when you enlarge the discs you can see they are the Steve Hoffman remasters. I saw one disc said something like "24K Gold" - maybe it's one of those super high-quality audio CDs.

My favorite is and has always been On The Border. I just think the art work
    on the Eagle is fabulous.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Thought this would be an interesting take on a relatively well-done topic. Basically, what would you rank the guys's albums if your sole basis of judgement was the graphology / artwork / image of them. Obviously focusing on the seven studio offerings primarily, but if you want to include compilations or live albums then go for it. Mine (best first):

Eagles - I think this for me epitomises the Eagles's music - the soaring eagle, the vast empty sky, and inside the classic image of them all sat around the fire in the desert high as a kite. Shame the original release was spoiled by gluing it down.
    One of These Nights - Can't explain why I like it so much but it's quite creative I think. Simple but unmistakably Eagles.
    On the Border - I want a T-shirt with this on! It strikes me as kind of Aborigine / Native American -like and again is very simple.
    Desperado - The front cover ain't the best but I love the image on the back of the producers and staff being the superior and victorious lawmen whilst the Eagles, J.D. Souther and Jackson Browne are the defeated and powerless rebels. A very clever metaphor for the industry and of course the most famous image of the album's centrepiece, the Dalton Gang.
    Hotel California - It's a bit obvious but then again I guess it really had to be what it was. It has of course become a worldwide famous image though, so I can't complain really.
    The Long Run - Plain, but I think it reflects well what the guys were going through being the scenes at the time: the exhaustion, boredom and in a sense desperation of it all.
    LROOE - Doesn't do anything for me at all. At least punctuate the desert with something.
    LastResort, I have the Border Album t-shirt. I hand wash it. LOL Adore it.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............