Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Echo Arena, Liverpool, 26 June 2014

Border Troubadour

Default Echo Arena, Liverpool, 26 June 2014

5 stars from an incredibly glowing report here http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats...-arena-7336664

My own take on the matter https://twitter.com/Matt95RFC/status/482291658399432705

My apologies to GA for not meeting up, I'll PM you later.

Needless to say they were as brilliant as usual. Not really much difference song or talking to the audience -wise from London, although there were mentions from Joe, Glenn and Don about Liverpool and its significance etc. Glenn also comparing Detroit to a proper city like Liverpool got a big cheer. Crowd were perhaps a little more 'disruptive' than London and a little more static, but it didn't detract from the guys on stage.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Echo Arena, Liverpool, 26 June 2014

Also loved Don Henley's intro post-Saturday Night of it being great to be on 'Merseyside' before pausing a while and adding 'Scousers!'

5 stars from an incredibly glowing report here http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats...-arena-7336664

Some great pics too. Thanks.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...ovie-more.html

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Two brilliant reviews at last out of the UK, and much more in tune with what went on in the Echo last night.

I'm home a short while and totally reliving my memories. My family have stopped saying '5???, you're mad' and are accepting my fanaticism with resignation and inevitability.

So, the show itself.....

Well Desperada and I arrived in Liverpool earlier in the morning, spent a few hours relaxing in the hotel then headed into the Waterfront. We stopped for a snack in a little pub buzzing with Eagles music, then made our way to the Echo. Our seats were front row, in the first of 3 blocks and were excellent, a little more left of centre than I was in London. The security staff started to tell us again about the 'photo and video policy'!
    The show, as the reviews and TLR have said was amazing as always. All of the guys seemed in great form, possibly as it was the last show of the UK leg. I did a bit of waving to the guys at the appropriate times and was acknowledged by both Timothy and Bernie at different parts of the first half. Bernie is a revelation to me, he is really enjoying himself and contributing to the experience, and he has a great sense of fun! I was rather amused too at the security guy sitting in front of me, checking his set list after every song! I could see he was counting down to the intermission lol. He was very young!!
    Really I love all of the first half and wouldn't change it a bit. Particularly the Doolin-Dalton and Desperado reprise, also when Glenn says 'we wanted to rock a little' and goes into Already Gone. Love the video that accompanies it!

So suddenly it was TITTL! And the bathroom break, although Glenn didn't bother with that line, I think he reserves it for when the crowd groan when he says they are taking a break. However the Liverpool audience accepted it fine.

During the break I was chatting to the security guy. I suggested to him that I would tell him the next song to save him having to check the list, in return he could turn a blind eye on my camera. Sadly, it didn't work!

Ok..... can you feel there's something better to come....?

Second half, again was amazing, Timothy got us up to Dance for Heartache Tonight after Glenn had made his speech about the quiet part being over, and I definitely saw us on the big screen when Joe was doing his hat cam thing - he had us making even more rude noises than usual last night. Lol.
    Don started talking about the meaning of 'The Long Run' and was saying it was about.... He stopped and someone called out 'survival' and he very graciously thanked the guy saying 'yes, survival, that's the word'. Glenn seemed to be working a bit more off the right hand side than normal but I still think I had one of the best views in the house. I love watching Glenn interacting with the others and playing even when he is not singing lead! And I was still melting inside every time I saw him smile - which was a LOT last night!

After Timothy introduced him, and the usual Detroit jokes, Glenn also gave a mention to Bob Seger which I liked. Love too the way he jams with Joe before F49.

So by LITFL the whole arena was on fire, tho I was thinking a bit like 'can't believe I won't see this again till September'. But it didn't take away from my enjoyment! After the song ended the guys were walking on the stage thanking people, nodding etc. Lots of people were calling out the guys names, or names of songs they wanted to hear. And then it happened. Glenn was just in front of us to go to the exit. I caught his eye and just called up Thank YOU' to him. He looked at me, smiled, nodded and said 'thank you' back, then he was gone. I looked at Desperada just to confirm with her that it had happened. She said yes. Then a security guy tapped me and handed me SCOTT CRAGOS DRUMSTICKS. I have NO idea why he chose to give them to me, but he did! Obviously I was on a high and being congratulated by people around me. The guys came out to do HC, and I made eye contact with Scott and mouthed up 'thank you' and started drumming off my knees. He laughed, gave me the thumbs up and I reciprocated.
    Then during HC we were once again completely blown away - the 'main' security guy who I have seen at all the UK IRL shows came up to us and handed both myself and Desperada a small packet. 'Glenn Frey sent these over to you ladies'

He had sent us each over a little packet with five guitar picks in it, one from each of the lads with Eagles 2014 on the other side of each pick.

After the encores were over and the lads were once again preparing to leave the stage I managed to wave the packet at Glenn and mouth thanks to him. He was standing with Don right above us and Din pointed to the drumsticks and smiled at me. I smiled back at him, then blew them each a kiss, making them laugh before they exited the stage.

That's my last show on the European leg, and it just could not have been better.
    Definitely ended on the highest note possible.

Eagles : iloveyou:

Glenn Frey
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

oh that was beautifully writen review(liverpoolsoundandvision)captured the ambience very well, I would so have liked to be there

WOW what a night you had Ga, congrats!
    Last edited by bluefeather; 06-27-2014 at 02:02 PM.

I'm loving all these reviews and GA - WOW! FANTASTIC!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

GA - I saw Scott hand over his sticks after LITFL, how cool that you got them! I take it you loved Glenn's little pose during 'tell me Glenn's great' in LBG?

I'll also add Joe sounded so much better last night, he really was in his element. TBS was also sounding stronger too on ICTYW.

It was kind of sad for me last night - seeing them on any other dates on the tour is out of the question and I don't honestly know if or when they'll return here, and if they do if I'll be able to attend. If they leave it another five years I fear they will have dropped in quality a little since age catches up with even gods like the Eagles! With that in mind I will be honest and say I got a bit emotional during the solos in Hotel Cali and through most of Take It Easy. RMW cheered me up a bit but Desperado brought the feelings back. Still an amazing night regardless.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Of course I did TLR! He is very funny when he's not singing lead! This isn't meant to be bragging but when you sit so near the front you see a lot going on on stage that you might not see further back. Several times Glenn s off camera antics had us in stitches!!

I genuinely hope they will be back in these parts again some time. What will be will be. I'm sorry I missed you!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, that is just awesome for you and Desperada! How could you top that?! I'm so happy for you!

And, it sounds like another wonderful concert! Eagles rock!

ETA: tlr, I'm happy for you that you got to see such a wonderful show too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten