Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stoppelmarkt in Vechta, Germany 6/28/14

Default Re: Stoppelmarkt in Vechta, Germany 6/28/14

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for both the video clips. Unfortunately my schoolgirl german isn't good enough, either.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    A picture!

Yes, a picture. And that's the one I posted on Instagram. Such a shame you didn't like it.

This is the only one took photo with my iPhone. I've got quite a lot good ones taken with my Lumix camera. Will introduce myself & post some quality shots later.

Back to France - Nigeria ...

See you!

Cheers,
    Ansgar

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Fabulous! Welcome, Ansgar. Looking forward to your report!

When I saw them on the LROOE tour in 2008 it was at an outdoor festival where the Eagles were the last of 4 acts. It was a shortened set & the only song they played from LROOE was HL. It seems that when they play festivals, as opposed to outdoor venues where they are the sole performers, they do a shortened show with a somewhat standard set list.

Thank you, Mary & a big Hi! to everyone,

first of all: I'm not a diehard Eagles fan. My favourite band is the Beatles. Always has been, always will be. But as the Beatles themselves my musical taste has many facets. From my first concert in 1981 (Santana) to the present I've seen many acts. Maybe around 200-250. But I've never been to an Eagles gig. So it was just perfect when the concert in Vechta (just about 40 Minutes from my hometown) was announced. At first I thought it was a joke, because bands like the Eagles don't play in small towns like Vechta. But as we all know now: It wasn't a joke at all.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band opened the show. They had a really good singer who replaced Chris Thompson: Robert Hart. His mighty voice has a more bluesy tone. The Earth Band played classics you would expect, from "Davy's On The Road Again" to "Mighty Quinn". Absolutely fab!

After that it was The BossHoss' turn. They are quite big in Germany. The band is from Berlin and has a style between Country Rock and Rock'n'Roll. I would not have moaned if they hadn't been a support act. Their songs won't stand the test of time (I'm quite sure), but they delivered a good show.

Then the Eagles! I arrived very early, and so I managed to stand right in front of the stage. It was great to hear all those classics! I enjoyed it very much. Even the rain stopped after the first couple of songs. Glenn Frey: "We call it Canadian beach weather!". They sang very well, played the instrumental parts perfectly and they had fabulous backing musicians. Unfortunaltely they didn't add "Wasted Time" to their setlist, one of my favourite Eagles ballads. Maybe because Henley can't reach the high notes anymore? I don't know. A little downer: I had the feeling, that the band is a partnership of convenience. Sometimes it felt like a matter of routine. Henley and Schmit seldom smiled and left the stage quite quick. Walsh and Frey were the ones who entertained the crowd. Anyway, I'm so happy that I had been there.

At last, some words about me: Next year I'll be 50, I live with my family in a small town in Lower Saxony near Bremen. I work as a teacher, my hobbies are my website www.ex-beatles.de (which focuses on the Fab's music after their split), the German Beatles forum www.erdbeerfelder.de (I'm co-admin) and their Facebook spin-offs. Besides that I enjoy photography and playing the piano, guitar, bass and sitar.

And now some pictures. Please do NOT share without permission!

Enjoy!

More to come! Have to go now ... football's calling: Germany vs. Algeria!

P.S.: Does this forum has an option to hide the pictures? That means: You open them by clicking on a "hide"-button. We've got that in our board software.

Welcome, LegsLarry & thank you for your review.

Their were two other acts playing that day with them. So it looks like they were the closing act for the festival.

It kinda does make you a little upset that they would play HL at this show, but yet the only time they ever played that song since this tour started last year was the Forum.

I was looking at the New Orleans setlist from last year when they played the Jazz Festival(and their were a lot of acts at that festival) and they played 7BR/HL. They played 20 songs compare to 16 songs at this festival.

I'm not surprise it was a very short setlist since this is was a festival and they weren't the only act playing that day.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

LL, thanks for your thoughts and pictures!

And welcome to the Border!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hi LL...and welcome...thanks for your review and the pics...love it when someone who actually went to the concert gives us some info and pics!!!