Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you Myspace?

Default MySpace Scam popping up everywhere!

Two of my friends have fallen for this scam already - it's the MySpace "Stalker Tracker". This is a TRICK to gain access to your MySpace account. Read more here:

http://gul.li/2007/01/27/phishing-20...-myspace-scam/

Whatever you do, no matter how appealing the service is, DO NOT ENTER IN YOUR MYSPACE E-MAIL AND PASSWORD ON ANY SERVICE FOR ANY REASON. Not for a Macy's card, not for a "Who's viewing your profile", not for a design code, not for ANYTHING.

Again, I have already had two friends fall victim to this, and they are unknowingly spamming all of their friends. Please don't allow yourself to fall victim to this, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thats very interesting Soda and well worth reading. I'll take it into account when I do set up my account! As we're on the subject of such things, another thing never to give out in an email is Bank Account Details. I keep getting emails from institutions purporting to be banks I deal with. They have assured me that they would NEVER ask for sensitive information such as account numbers or PIN numbers, and never to respond to them! Just a word of caution!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Everyone, please do be careful.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Very good advice. More on this topic -- a few weeks ago I received an email regarding my PayPal account. It referred to updating my accounting information. Well, I was immediately suspicious, but opened it anyway just to see what was up. As I scrolled down the list of things it asked for, I got to "Social Security Number". Well, that was a big old red flag!!! I'm not that stupid!!! I never even gave PayPal my SS# to begin with, so I knew, for more reasons than one, that it was a total scam.

Even though I never responded, I was nervous that it may have contained a virus, but luckily, it did not.

I know we're all too smart to give out info such as SS numbers, but just another thing to look out for. So many emails look legit, but they are not!

And the one you mentioned, Soda, about "Who's Viewing Your Profile" -- I almost fell for that one. I had a friend tell me that it was bogus, so I never did click on the link, thank goodness!!
    "I'm not here for your entertainment, you don't really wanna mess with me tonight ....." -- Pink
    www.setbb.com/allthingsmusic