Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lucca Summer Festival in Lucca, Italy – July 2, 2014

Default Re: Lucca Summer Festival in Lucca, Italy – July 2, 2014

wonderful pics even when they'r blurry, thank you cricrichan

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

So glad to hear that you all had a great time at the show, aivless, Irga, and cricrichan. And cricrichan, thanks for the review and pictures. It's always fun to hear about the shows from eyes of enthusiastic fans.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thank you so much for your review and your pics Cricrichan!!!! I love them

Great pics CC! I know what you mean about feeling like you were in a dream. I'm so glad you had the experience.

Out on the Border

Hi,

I'm a "new kid in town", my name's Nicola and, of course, I'm italian. The Lucca 2014 was my 4th Eagles concert after Lucca 2001, Munich 2006 and Verona 2006. And what can I say. It was technically perfect, all the guys were in great shape, expecially Jo and Don in my opinion, but...

But since the first song I understood something was wrong: no Bernie. Then the concert continued without Doolin' dalton, the reprises and the other song I desperately wanted to hear.

Darn!

The concert was great, but too short: only 17 songs... I really don't know why! Can anyone tell me why?
    Perhaps the guys had to start singing "How short" instead of "How long".
    Still, hail to the Eagles!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Hi, Niklas! Welcome to The Border!

Sometimes for festivals, especially outdoors, and especially if there are other bands playing, they revert to an older setlist (or nearly so) and definitely shorter. There could be lots of reasons for it, the planners could have constraints on time, money, or both. Plus, when this tour wraps up, I'm sure all future Eagles concerts will be the same. So I'm hoping the tour never wraps up!

All that being said, if a particular show isn't going to be a History show, it should not be advertised as such. It's very unfair, and I'm not sure who is at fault for this, but I will say that the responsibility ultimately resides with the band and their management. If they provide promotional materials and something else is used, that's one thing, but they could always distinguish it on their website and Facebook page and have not. So, I'm very sorry you were expecting something and didn't get it. The upside is that any show they put on is always a good one.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Here's a review that translates well. "Uplifting", "Good for the soul".
    Great photos too.

Slowly coming to terms with harsh reality: I'm back home from our dream-like adventure in Tuscany, with its highlight being the Eagles concert in Lucca.
    As Cricrichan has already stated, "a dream" is the best word that could describe that day. It was hot and sunny, the stage looked so beautiful among the old, historic and majestic builidngs and old trees of Piazza Napoleone; being there already 5 hours before the concert, I felt butterflies in my stomach, expecting great things to happen.
    The first notes of "How Long", when Timothy, Glenn, Don and Joe finally entered the stage, just confirmed my earlier fears that Lucca might be another place where Eagles would play it short. Quickly, I made up my mind and decided to be happy with what I got, and even the weak version of TITTL, with no word about Randy, didn't manage to change it. Then came Tequila Sunrise, romantic, smooth and perfectly sung, and after that, when I noticed Glenn taking a seat behind a keybord, I just grabbed my mobile and whith shaky hands started to record the song that had made me travel by car through half of Europe... ICTYW was perfectly done, just like I wanted it to be, Timothy's voice strong and sweet - and I just melted there, with my hand up high, trying to catch as much as I could.
    The other song that made a huge impression on me was "Those Shoes", with a video that showed it all. It cut me to the quick and suddenly I realized that some songs seem much better when you hear them live. Although I've found that true during all the U2 concerts I've seen, in case of Eagles it was kind of a surprise for me.
    Joe. He was a real star of the show. Bursting with energy and humor, singing in a strong voice, engaging the audience, he was the right person in a right place there.
    As for technicalities: I was standing just behind the last row of seats, so I could see the stage quite well. Big screens behind the boys and on both sides of the stage were very helpful. Sound people did their job quite well, both my husband and me were afraid that the surrounding buildings might play tricks with the echo. Luckily, everything was fine.
    Funny thing about the audience: people seemed confused about the "sitting rule", and sometimes you could see some of them jumping up from their seats, and then quickly sitting down - unless Timothy made gestures that encouraged them to stand up and dance, and sing, and clap their hands. Right behind me there were two Italian women and a man who were great at singing all the songs - they even did harmonies! Fortunately you can't hear that during ICTYW that I recorded
    The last note of Desperado made it clear the show was over.
    The dream continues, though...
    Beautiful time.

Here's the vimeo link to my video, as YouTube has blocked it in some countries.
    https://vimeo.com/100059279
    Hopefully Timmy from my mobile will sing to you all!
    Last edited by irga; 07-06-2014 at 07:17 PM.

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

... All that being said, if a particular show isn't going to be a History show, it should not be advertised as such. It's very unfair, and I'm not sure who is at fault for this, but I will say that the responsibility ultimately resides with the band and their management...
    You are right. I know the Eagles are great musicians and a very professional group, so the responsibility I guess resides in the organizers, D'alessandro & Galli who built up the Lucca Summer Festival.

Anybody of you know about an upcoming DVD of this tour? I think it whoul'd be the only way I have to see Bernie Leadon with the other guys.

Irga - Thanks for your very detailed review and for sharing the video

Niklas - Welcome to the Border! I do hope there will be a HOTE Tour DVD as well someday, so that we can see Bernie playing with the guys!

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)