Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Vocal harmony conbination variations

Default Re: Vocal harmony conbination variations

I remember in the F1 DVD(and I'm probably hearing wrong). In TLR when Joe goes over to Glenn and Timothy to sing at the mike, you can hear him.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I'm another one that has a hard time picking out Joe's voice in the harmonies. Glenn's voice is usually the easiest for me to pick out - sometimes because of the way he enunciates certain words.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    OK. I think I'm confuse myself. LOL Usually in harmony, you will usually have the high and low. Everybody else will sing in between those two. I think this is the case for Joe. He probably sings in between sometimes and probably sings the low parts sometimes because he can get low even though he has that high voice. Don can too. So he probably singing the low parts sometimes.
    On some of the LROOE songs Glenn can clearly be heard singing the lowest part, especially in WITW & IDWTHAM.

Thanks for that info, FP. I didn't know Glenn can get that low. I'm so use to him singing high. So I would never had know he's singing the low parts. I did listen to WITW & IDWTHAM. I can hear him sing the low parts in IDWTHAM, but I think I have to listen more to WITW to hear him.

Their are some songs when I know that's Don's voice, that's Glenn's voice etc, but half the time. I don't know who's voice is whose.

I've always said I can't hear Joe harmonizing. That's why - even though I don't really like the arrangement here - it's refreshing to finally hear Joe singing harmony! It's funny though...sometimes neither one of them is singing the lead!

Here's Joe with Sara Evans on Crossroads doing Best of My Love.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4bBInJUo90
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

As far as live performances, it seems to me as a general rule that for any song sung by Don or Glenn, Timothy and the other one (Don or Glenn) sing the chorus/harmonies. Even when you can see Joe and/or Steuart and the backing musicians singing, their mikes are turned down in the mix and you can't really hear their distinct voices, and I agree that you can't hear Joe in the recordings, etiher. Another way of saying it is that Timothy does the heavy lifting as far as filling in the harmonies/chorus on most of the songs, but I could certainly be accused of being biased in this perspective, so feel free to correct me!!! I'm sure it depends from tour to tour as well as far as what songs they sing - I am only going off what I've seen in the HOTE doc, F1 dvd, HFO dvd and HOTE tour. I know there are some songs where Timothy doesn't sing the chorus, but it doesn't seem like there are many.

Dreamer and Soda went to a show once and reported in their review that Joe was mouthing the words!
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    As far as live performances, it seems to me as a general rule that for any song sung by Don or Glenn, Timothy and the other one (Don or Glenn) sing the chorus/harmonies. Even when you can see Joe and/or Steuart and the backing musicians singing, their mikes are turned down in the mix and you can't really hear their distinct voices, and I agree that you can't hear Joe in the recordings, etiher. Another way of saying it is that Timothy does the heavy lifting as far as filling in the harmonies/chorus on most of the songs, but I could certainly be accused of being biased in this perspective, so feel free to correct me!!! I'm sure it depends from tour to tour as well as far as what songs they sing - I am only going off what I've seen in the HOTE doc, F1 dvd, HFO dvd and HOTE tour. I know there are some songs where Timothy doesn't sing the chorus, but it doesn't seem like there are many.
    When it comes to harmonies, you can always hear the higher parts easier. Joe usually sings a part below Timothy and Don or Glenn, and the lower parts are individually harder to hear if the volume of all the parts are the same.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Dreamer and Soda went to a show once and reported in their review that Joe was mouthing the words!
    Whaaaaat? Well, that could be one explanation of why we have trouble hearing him!! That is crazy.

Here's the review. Go to No More Walks in the Wood.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=2762
    ~ Cathy ~