Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Houston TX Oct 14 2014

Out on the Border

Default Re: Eagles in Houston TX Oct 14 2014

I apologize in advance for the length of this post. Even though I'm only just a "reader" here, I wanted to post what happened a couple of days ago. I'll start from the beginning.

My wife and I took our 15 y/o daughter the the Feb 2014 concert in Houston and I used some of the tips from you guys to buy our tickets. We were able to get ok seats at the box office one week before the show. That was the first Eagles concert I had ever been to in my 45 years! I have always been the person that found out about a concert in my area after it was over.

Over the last 16 years I have succeeded in converting my wife into almost as big of a Eagles fan as I am. The shocking thing is that I have been able introduce my (now 16 y/o) daughter to the Eagles, and I think I created a monster! over the past 2-3 years she has spent her own allowance/tutoring money on a turntable, and every Eagles album from "Eagles" to Eagles Live" on vinyl. Her phone is filled with Henley, Frey, and Walsh solo music in addition to every Eagles song available. I have even heard her upstairs in her room with a friend, telling her friend something to the effect of "The song Hotel California isn't the great thing about the HC album, it's the fact that every single song on that album is so far above what gets released now. Most big bands now are doing good if they have one good song every two albums...the Eagles made a complete album. And you'll never see anybody do that again.". (*very proud father here*)

I was still a little worried that she might not have that good of a time at the concert in Feb because she is *a* teenager and she was going with her "parents". Well, there was no need to worry...I don't think I have ever seen her have such a great time! She made me promise that I would get tickets if they ever came back through Houston (of course I explained to her that this was probably the last time they would ever be here because I thought this would be their final tour).

Imagine my shock a couple of months ago when I heard on the radio that Houston would host another Eagles concert in October! I figured I would surprise my wife and daughter and buy tickets but wait until about a week before the concert to tell them (I didn't even think they knew about the October show).

I couldn't wait until the week before, I told them about it on Monday. I wish I had a picture of both of their faces when I told them the Eagles were coming back in October AND I had tickets for all of us. It was not the reaction I expected... both flashed a quick expression that I would only expect when telling them the worst news you could think of. They quickly recovered, then both of them just started laughing.

My wife and daughter, it seems, had a plan that was similar to mine...theirs was just much bigger. Unknown to me, about two days after I had secretly bought tickets, my wife and daughter bought VIP packages for us! They planned on telling me this coming Saturday.

I have since found out that my daughter was the "ringleader", going so far as to contribute some of her own money for the VIP tickets. I am a very proud father! I'm going to sell the original tickets I bought, and whatever I get, I'll give to her.

Thanks for letting me tell my story, and sorry for the long post.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What a great story, sas! As they always say, great minds think alike! I'm so happy for you and your family! And what a smart daughter you have! Have fun at the show!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

What an awesome story SAS!!! Sounds like you have a great family with EXCELLENT taste in music! I will be at the VIP dinner so maybe I will see y'all there. Just let me know.
    I know y'all will have a FANTASTIC time while making an unbelievable family memory!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Oh SAS, that is so cool!! What a great story!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Wow SAS, cute story, enjoy your VIP seats!

Not long now ~
    ~Sara

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Amazing story SAS! Looks like they blew your cover in style! Have a wonderful time in 10 days!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Fantastic, SAS! Love it. Thanks for posting.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'll also thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us, SAS. Hope, you and your family have a wonderful time at the show and that you will come back here and let us know all about it. And BTW - congratulations on your fantastic parenting skills!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Wow SAS what a wonderful first post .
    You and your family are blesssed.cant wait to read all about your cobcert adventure

Oh and WELCOME TO THE BORDER

Out on the Border

Thanks everybody for the kind words, and for making me feel welcome!

Just counting the days now...