Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A contest to win a trip to see the Eagles and meet Don at the Walden Woods benefit

Default A contest to win a trip to see the Eagles and meet Don at the Walden Woods benefit

I saw this on facebook this morning. How cool is this. You can enter the contest either by making a donation or send a 3x5 card with your information to the address in the link. I posted the important stuff about the concert. Oh you also get to go to the dinner. Heck you get to go to all the events that night.

I know I'm going to enter. Meeting Don and seeing The Eagles in concert that same night. What a dream come true. Kill two birds with one stone.

One (1) Prize: Two VIP tickets to the 2014 Global Environmental Leadership Award Dinner and Eagles VIP Event at the Citi Performing Arts Center on Sept. 16th in Boston, including a reception, dinner, a meet-and-greet and photos with music legend Don Henley, and an Eagles concert following. The trip also includes two nights hotel accommodations, round trip airfare for two people, and $500 spending money. Trip dates: Sept. 15 – Sept. 17, 2014.
    Here's more information about the contest. The video is also included.

http://www.chideo.com/sweepstakes/do...ds-sweepstakes
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-05-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Default Re: A contest to win a trip to see the Eagles and meet Don at the Walden Woods benefi

Thank you so much for posting this, shun! I'm entering, too! This prize is so amazing that even the folks at the university would understand if I missed a bit of work for it (after arranging for a proper substitute first, of course).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: A contest to win a trip to see the Eagles and meet Don at the Walden Woods benefi

I WANT TO WIN THIS BAD!
    ~Sara

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Same here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Did anyone here win this? I'm so bummed that I didn't. I wanted to win really really bad so I could thank Don for all the songs he wrote that get me through life. He says in HOTE that rock n roll got him through high school, the Eagles get me through high school. I'm so grateful to him and all the Eagles. I just wish I could thank him in person. I'm happy for whoever won though.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Oh, they've announced the winner? Congrats to whomever it was... not me, obviously!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Maybe they didn't I don't know. They were supposed to do the drawing on September 5th at noon (I forgot what time zone.) The winner would receive an email and if they didn't reply in 6 hours they would chose someone else.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, it was 'about' noon CDT yesterday, and while I got about five emails at noon, none were from Chideo. Then, just to be cruel, about two hours later they did send an email....about the NFL.

Still, if the person didn't answer the email on time, or send in their release on time, or doesn't pass the background check, they'll pick someone else, so there's still a small, tiny glimmer of hope.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I would have loved to have gone to this show, but, however tempting, I thought it would be a little rude to my family to spend all of my time in Massachusetts with the Eagles instead of visiting with them.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I got that email too, VA. I didn't care for that email. I even checked the Chideo website. They didn't announced it on there either. I guess it's a secret.