Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: With a Little Help From My Friends

Stuck on the Border

Default With a Little Help From My Friends

I mentioned last Spring that my sister, Donna, had been quite sick. The doctors went around and around trying to diagnose her thinking at first it might be cancer then possibly a serious lung infection.

After having surgery to remove part of her lung (damaged by the infection) and weeks of antibiotic therapy, she still had many of her symptoms. Finally, after a risky biopsy of her esophagus she was indeed diagnosed with esophageal cancer.

She just finished up 6 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy. She still isn't able to eat and has had a feeding tube since June. The tumor has shrunk somewhat, but the cancer is still there and the doctors have decided that her next best shot is to go in and attempt to remove the tumor. This Wednesday, she'll have a large portion of her esophagus removed and the doctors will use part of her stomach to reconstruct and "esophagus" so hopefully, she'll be able to eat again at some point.

Gruesome stuff!

I just got off the phone with her and she's very very scared. Frankly, I'm pretty frightened for her. She's tough, but it's been an awful lot to deal with. It's been hard to see her go through what she's been going through and keep a postive attitude.

Anyway, I'm a firm believer in positive thoughts and the power of prayer. So, I hope you'll do me a huge favor, and keep her in your thoughts over the next few days. I know she'll feel it!

Stuck on the Border

I send my best wishes and sympathy to her, Molly. I will be thinking of her.

Oh my gosh, Molly. I will pray for her as well as add her to my mom's and my mother in law's prayer chains. I believe so firmly in the power of prayer. (or positive thinking if one is more comfortable with that word) My dad was giving a 15% chance that radiation therapy would help his prostate cancer after surgery failed. That was five years ago and he is still cancer free. He was on prayer chains around the world. You do the math.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh Molly - I will definately keep both you and Donna in my thoughts. I'm sure this has to be a very scary and rough time for both of you. I know you will find the strength you need to be there for her. Keep the faith, and we all pray that the surgery will work for her.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

She, her family, and you are in my prayers as well. What a horrible thing for anyone to have to go through. I ferverently pray this surgery is successful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Molly my thoughts and prayers are with your sister and your entire family! What a horrible ordeal for her to have to go through!

Molly, your sister and your entire family are in my prayers as well. She has been so brave and strong so far, I pray that her strength continues and that the surgery is successful.

Molly, you and your family will all be in my thoughts and prayers.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Molly, I am so sorry to read that your sister is going through so much hell. I know exactly how you and your family feel at this point, and my thoughts are with all of you. I will pray that her operation will be a success and that she will ultimately beat this cancer. It is such an awful disease, which can strike without warning.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Molly, I am so sorry to hear about your sister and the major surgery that lies ahead. She has been through so much already. I'll be keeping Donna, and you and your families, in my thoughts and prayers.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...