Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA - 8/25

Out on the Border

Default Re: Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA - 8/25

I agree that the music last night at the Tacoma Dome was fabulous. Unfortunately the evening was nearly ruined by the incredibly weird rules and all the security needed to enforce these rules. We arrived late so missed the announcement about cell phones. I took my phone out to check my messages from my kids and the security, aka gestapo was there within a minute. I haven't been to a concert in many years that didn't allow cell phones but oh well I figured not that big a deal. I was surprised at the very subdued crowd. There wasn't a single person standing. When I went to satnd during a great song, the gestapo was immediately at my side telling me to sit down! I was pretty stunned that they were not allowing people to stand! This is very typical concert behavior. The people behind us asked the security folks at the intermission and were told we would be allowed to stand on the 5th song of the 2nd half. I cant think of many things worse than sitting through a concert. Another issue I had was that there also weren't any concession sales on the floor. This, too, was a first time in a long time I haven't seen people milling around selling snacks and drinks. So if you wanted anything to eat or drink, you had to trek out of the concert to get it. So while the music was fab, the issues I had were ones that definitely impacted my experience. I ultimtaley had to leave my seat and go to a designated standing area that was behind the seats I paid good money for! Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Jane, I'm dying to know what set list changes!!

Glad you had a good time. I knew second row would spoil you!!
    VA, I'm SO sorry to be so lame! I WISH I could give you guys a complete set rundown, but sitting so close to them blew me away and a lot of the concert is now just this euphoric blur - ha!

Hopefully someone who has been to the earlier 2014 shows will go to see them this time around and be able to describe better what I'm trying to say. There were a couple of songs last night that I vaguely recognized but wasn't familiar with...I don't even know the NAMES of those songs! I'm thinking they were from the early days, but I'm not totally sure. I'm POSITIVE that they weren't part of the other 2 earlier concerts that I saw. (I'm still being vague...this probably isn't helping, is it?! )

One specific difference I DO remember is that Joe sang more last night...he sang Rocky Mountain Way...Funk 49...Life's Been Good to Me So Far...and also Heroes! (not in that order) Plus, it felt to me that they showcased his guitar-playing more, too.

I was talking briefly to the VIP host, Helen, and she mentioned that "they had spent the last 2-3 days in Tacoma for rehearsals"...then we got interrupted so I'm not sure if she meant the whole band was there or not. But it's another reason that I felt they were trying out some new ideas.

I'm excited to hear more comparisons from other people, at the upcoming events! Sorry I can't give you more details...my head was in the clouds (and still is!)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great review Jane. Dying to hear about the set list changes and delighted you had such a great time. I'm sooo looking forward to NYC in September. 17 days!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado

Tacoma Weekly posted the set list. Doesn't look to be any different than previous HOTE shows.

http://www.tacomaweekly.com/dailymas...coma-set-list/

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    Tacoma Weekly posted the set list. Doesn't look to be any different than previous HOTE shows.

http://www.tacomaweekly.com/dailymas...coma-set-list/
    It said it's the setlist from the HOTE tour and not necessarily from the show! I'd like to think it meant nothing had changed, but on the other hand, we've had countless newspaper reviews from this tour where the setlist printed was wrong.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado

Sorry about that. Their review included a setlist too, presumably it's what they actually played.

http://www.tacomaweekly.com/citylife...he-ing-eagles/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great pics, VA! Thanks! I see they are wearing the familiar clothing. Makes me wonder if a dvd might actually happen.....prayers! I do like Joe's blue plaid shirt, though I've seen it before, I think! All are lookin' good!

Jane, glad you had such a great time! They are wonderful, aren't they?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It said it's the setlist from the HOTE tour and not necessarily from the show! I'd like to think it meant nothing had changed, but on the other hand, we've had countless newspaper reviews from this tour where the setlist printed was wrong.
    Well, Guys, as I said before, I was in an AWESTRUCK state of mind, so it's VERY possible that it all just "seemed" so different this time around, given that I had such great seats on Monday (as opposed to the other 2 shows)!

Also, maybe some of the arrangements were a little different, which is why I didn't recognize some of them...(this happened in the first half of the show)...I'm thinking it involved some of the music from the Desperado album, but - AGAIN! - I'm not as familiar with their music as you guys are!

ONE CORRECTION: (this is my husband's fault, he mixed it up with a David Bowie song): The extra song that I mentioned by Joe Walsh is called "Pretty Maids All In A Row" (not "Heroes")...and, unless I'm totally crazy (not an impossible scenario!)...he DID sing that in Tacoma on Monday, and I don't remember him singing that in the other 2 earlier shows...? Did I get that wrong, too?!

ANYWAY...! Just know that the show is WONDERFUL, whether it's a little mixed-around or not! Same Ted Nugent and Detroit jokes...by the way!

Border Desperado

They played Pretty Maids... When I saw them in October 2013. I think that's been a part of the set for all of the HOTE tour, but I don't think they had played it for a very long time before that. Thanks for the clarification because I was wracking my brain wondering what Heroes was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
    Well, Guys, as I said before, I was in an AWESTRUCK state of mind, so it's VERY possible that it all just "seemed" so different this time around, given that I had such great seats on Monday (as opposed to the other 2 shows)!

Also, maybe some of the arrangements were a little different, which is why I didn't recognize some of them...(this happened in the first half of the show)...I'm thinking it involved some of the music from the Desperado album, but - AGAIN! - I'm not as familiar with their music as you guys are!

ONE CORRECTION: (this is my husband's fault, he mixed it up with a David Bowie song): The extra song that I mentioned by Joe Walsh is called "Pretty Maids All In A Row" (not "Heroes")...and, unless I'm totally crazy (not an impossible scenario!)...he DID sing that in Tacoma on Monday, and I don't remember him singing that in the other 2 earlier shows...? Did I get that wrong, too?!

ANYWAY...! Just know that the show is WONDERFUL, whether it's a little mixed-around or not! Same Ted Nugent and Detroit jokes...by the way!

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

Alright. So my second eagles show was another success. I saw the 2013 show in Seattle from row 4 and saw them again Monday from sect 1A row 26 so after seeing the band from up close and personal as well as from an avg joe's perspective I feel I've come full circle. I don't know if any remembers from don felders book but he mentions that don h and Glenn get brighter lights on them during the show. And it was true! Much more obvious from far away.

The setlist was extremely similar to other legs of this tour. Glenn even wore the same shirt from a year ago!

Dons voice sounded sharp and Glenn's was as well.
    Timothy was as cool as he's ever been. He crushed lwkua.
    Joe entered the stage during witchy woman and that's when the show really took flight. The version of wm played was more of a jam version. Which I loved because you could tell the guys were having fun knowing everyone was going to be surprised to see joe lit up as he rages on his les Paul to start the song.

I felt like Glenn and don spoke more to the audience than they did the last time I saw them which was nice. I loved Glenn's joke "we wrote while don and I were living in a two room apt, separate rooms. Well sometimes the same room" lol

Weird thing though, the first encore consisted of hc and nothing else. Previously they did hc and rmw in the first and then tie desperado to end it. It didn't bug me I just had to wait a little longer to boogie to rmw.

The lack of dancing In the stands made my guest and I spend the last 1/3 of the show behind the floor seating so we could dance and not bug anyone too bad, my moves have been known to enrage. Lol

All in all the boys surpassed my expectations, don't worry they still got it.
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along