Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

  1. #1
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    Hi,

    My father purchased two VIP tickets for the Eagles in Birmingham from Ticketmaster (approx 470) as a birthday present for my mother in May. Unfortunately he fell ill the morning of the concert and was shortly after diagnosed with Leukaemia. Sadly he has died from the illness, leaving just my mother and I. We contacted Ticketmaster whilst he was ill and they refused to give us a refund for the tickets, stating we failed to contact them that day to say he was ill. I am sure many of you can understand my mother was far too devastated upon hearing the news that day to really think of ringing the venue. Could someone please advise how we can get the money back?

    We are devastated that my father is dead and it quite frankly angers us that Ticketmaster have done this.

    Any advice would be great. We were even thinking of trying to contact the band's management to explain.

    Many thanks,
    Liam

  2. #2
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,695

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    First of all, welcome to The Border, Dunney. And my condolences on the loss of your father. My thoughts are with you and your family during this very sad time.

    I took the liberty of moving your thread to this forum and deleting the duplicate in the other forum. I don't really know exactly how to resolve your Ticketmaster problem other than to advise you to be assertive and tenacious. If you don't have any success with the first line of service that you speak to, then escalate the issue to a higher level. If you still don't have any success, then you may see if any of your local TV news stations provide a public service to bring these kinds of issues to the attention of their viewing audience. If so, tell Ticketmaster that you are going to contact them. This may work because they probably do not want any bad press. It's possible you could get some help from the band's public relations office, but no guarantee. In any event, best of luck and I hope you can get a quick and satisfactory resolution.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  3. #3
    Stuck on the Border DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    First of all, welcome to The Border, Dunney. And my condolences on the loss of your father. My thoughts are with you and your family during this very sad time.

    I took the liberty of moving your thread to this forum and deleting the duplicate in the other forum. I don't really know exactly how to resolve your Ticketmaster problem other than to advise you to be assertive and tenacious. If you don't have any success with the first line of service that you speak to, then escalate the issue to a higher level. If you still don't have any success, then you may see if any of your local TV news stations provide a public service to bring these kinds of issues to the attention of their viewing audience. If so, tell Ticketmaster that you are going to contact them. This may work because they probably do not want any bad press. It's possible you could get some help from the band's public relations office, but no guarantee. In any event, best of luck and I hope you can get a quick and satisfactory resolution.

    I agree with the above, and also Welcome to The Border! As they say
    the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

  4. #4
    Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,231

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    I also extend a welcome, and my condolences on the loss of your father. I would suggest calling the credit card company as well to dispute the charge. I don't know if there is a time limit for those things, but it's worth a try.

  5. #5
    Moderator Glennsallnighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!
    Posts
    13,702

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    Welcome to the Border from me too Dunney and my deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear father. I would get in touch with ticketmaster and keep pushing it. It's probably too late to get in touch with the card company as the tickets would have been paid for by now.

    If it's any comfort I did the VIP thing in London and it was awful. I was in my own and was seated with two rather dry people who were also on their own. The meal was a set menu (prawns, steak,cheesecake) with no choice. We had to ask for wine and even waster at our table. There was no raffle and the only 'gift' was a programme (of which I have 5). The ticket was not even a full price one and was stuck up the side instead of the floor). Luckily I had been aware of this before the concert. I tried to either upgrade the ticket or cancel the package but no joy. However I bought 2 front row tix from stubhub (the best seats in the house according to the guy who scanned them) for myself and Troub and her mum bought the VIP seat from me! I tried to post a review of my VIP experience but couldn't find a link on the VIP Nation site. Tm sold the tickets though.

    Good luck.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

  6. #6
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    Same terms are still with refunds and I am also faced this issue.

  7. #7
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,145

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunney77 View Post
    Hi,

    My father purchased two VIP tickets for the Eagles in Birmingham from Ticketmaster (approx 470) as a birthday present for my mother in May. Unfortunately he fell ill the morning of the concert and was shortly after diagnosed with Leukaemia. Sadly he has died from the illness, leaving just my mother and I. We contacted Ticketmaster whilst he was ill and they refused to give us a refund for the tickets, stating we failed to contact them that day to say he was ill. I am sure many of you can understand my mother was far too devastated upon hearing the news that day to really think of ringing the venue. Could someone please advise how we can get the money back?

    We are devastated that my father is dead and it quite frankly angers us that Ticketmaster have done this.

    Any advice would be great. We were even thinking of trying to contact the band's management to explain.

    Many thanks,
    Liam
    I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing, Liam. I don't think I can add to the excellent advice you've already received, but I wish you best of luck. Please let us know what happens.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  8. #8
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,145

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Welcome to the Border from me too Dunney and my deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear father. I would get in touch with ticketmaster and keep pushing it. It's probably too late to get in touch with the card company as the tickets would have been paid for by now.

    If it's any comfort I did the VIP thing in London and it was awful. I was in my own and was seated with two rather dry people who were also on their own. The meal was a set menu (prawns, steak,cheesecake) with no choice. We had to ask for wine and even waster at our table. There was no raffle and the only 'gift' was a programme (of which I have 5). The ticket was not even a full price one and was stuck up the side instead of the floor). Luckily I had been aware of this before the concert. I tried to either upgrade the ticket or cancel the package but no joy. However I bought 2 front row tix from stubhub (the best seats in the house according to the guy who scanned them) for myself and Troub and her mum bought the VIP seat from me! I tried to post a review of my VIP experience but couldn't find a link on the VIP Nation site. Tm sold the tickets though.

    Good luck.
    I could be wrong as the situation could be different overseas, but I believe they are using a different company now and no longer conduct VIP parties in this manner. I know they aren't doing so in the States. At least, that's what I've heard. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  9. #9
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,145

    Default Re: Ticketmaster - refusal to refund tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by herrybraun View Post
    Same terms are still with refunds and I am also faced this issue.
    Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to get a refund. As you can see, even with Liam's appalling circumstances, they are refusing. If you're in as bad a way as he is, though, you can try some of the same advice.

    I understand why they wouldn't want to award frivolous refunds, but with the massive amount of money they make, you'd think they'd be more flexible when it comes to the reasonable requests.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •