Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portland, OR - Aug. 27, 2014

Default Re: Portland, OR - Aug. 27, 2014

omg Wildthyme...what a once in a lifetime opportunity they had...such a wonderful picture...yes I'd make sure the whole world saw it!!!...

Aww. How cute. She's one lucky woman. A hug, a kiss. Heck more than 5 minutes to talk with Don. I don't know what I would had done to just spend time with him and The conversion probably was 15 to 30 minutes. I guess I better send my information for WW today. LOL

I just found out a friend of mines brother will be their truck driver who will be transporter their equipment on the tour soon. I told her her brother is soo lucky. He just got off of tour with Rod Stewart and Santana

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    I heard little bit of the story...my co-worker (Pati) took her sister (Sandra) who also works here and I got to talk to her today. Sandra said the show was amazing and the best concert she has ever been to. They were in the third row center and had a fabulous time. When they went backstage they got to meet Bernie briefly. They met Don in his dressing room and said he was the nicest, sweetest guy - really friendly, funny, relaxed and welcoming (he even got them water) and seemed so pleased to get to meet Pati finally. He talked about the tour and the History of the Eagles Showtime special (how it has been bigger than they ever expected), a little about all the traveling, his non-profits, his new album and his family. She said it was just a great, easy, fun conversation with him.

I think I am even more envious today (but really happy they had such a great experience).

**Just talked to Pati and she said she got a hug and a kiss on the cheek from Don....*sigh* But she was so excited about the whole thing it was really cute
    OMG - how AMAZING for them!!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    They met Don in his dressing room and said he was the nicest, sweetest guy - really friendly, funny, relaxed and welcoming (he even got them water) and seemed so pleased to get to meet Pati finally. He talked about the tour and the History of the Eagles Showtime special (how it has been bigger than they ever expected), a little about all the traveling, his non-profits, his new album and his family. She said it was just a great, easy, fun conversation with him.
    Oh my, Lord, where do I start? This has made me so happy I KNEW that all my years of adoring Don were not in vain! He has to have a good heart if he loves nature and animals. I know what it's like to be painfully shy and awkward in social settings. It makes you come across as arrogant if you're defensive but only because you feel out of place. I have no problem meeting people one to one or writing about my feelings but I come across as distant if I'm in a situation I feel anxious about. Having read about Don I know he was very shy when he was younger and it's something you never really get away from. But in a one to one setting like this, he showed his true personality.

[/quote]**Just talked to Pati and she said she got a hug and a kiss on the cheek from Don....*sigh* But she was so excited about the whole thing it was really cute [/quote]

Having said all that I'm so jealous. A hug AND a kiss!!!!

I feel a bit emotional as I'm going through a really stressful time at the moment but this story cheered me up. DON
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That's a lovely picture Wild! So envious of your co worker! What a wonderful experience, Don looks like he is enjoying himself too!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - that is so cool. Thanks for sharing the photo, Cami. Don looks like he was really having a fun time and your co-worker must have been in seventh heaven!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hi all. I was at the show in Portland. It was my 13th show this tour---all in the first row!!!! I am living the dream!
    The show was great as usual. After Witchy Woman when they leave the stage Timothy pointed to someone and pointed at him (naturally I was jealous). When it was his turn to talk he said speaking of Poco his friend Paul Cotton was in the first row. How cool is that? I was VIP and wondered if he was too. Don't know. The boys looked really tired the first half of the show. Joe looked like he was sleeping. Timothy was pretty great as usual. When he introduced Glenn he even did a little dance like Glenn and Joe do. Really cute
    The second half of the show Don was more chatty than usual
    All in all as expected a really great show. Love, love them
    I could go to an a Eagles show every night and never tire of seeing them
    Oh yeah, one thing I did notice the only backup guys were Scotty Crager, Will and the piano man from Wew Orleans (?). Wonder what this means. Do you think they are winding down???? What do you all think?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    Hi all. I was at the show in Portland. It was my 13th show this tour---all in the first row!!!! I am living the dream!
    The show was great as usual. After Witchy Woman when they leave the stage Timothy pointed to someone and pointed at him (naturally I was jealous). When it was his turn to talk he said speaking of Poco his friend Paul Cotton was in the first row. How cool is that? I was VIP and wondered if he was too. Don't know. The boys looked really tired the first half of the show. Joe looked like he was sleeping. Timothy was pretty great as usual. When he introduced Glenn he even did a little dance like Glenn and Joe do. Really cute
    The second half of the show Don was more chatty than usual
    All in all as expected a really great show. Love, love them
    I could go to an a Eagles show every night and never tire of seeing them
    Oh yeah, one thing I did notice the only backup guys were Scotty Crager, Will and the piano man from Wew Orleans (?). Wonder what this means. Do you think they are winding down???? What do you all think?

And Steuart Smith.Was Richard Davis not there?
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-30-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Steuert smith was there but Richard Davis was not. There was another guy at the other shows(can't remember his name). He was not there. Only Scotty and Will outside of the boys

Michael Thompson is the other piano who's always on Timothy's side.