Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harvey's, Tahoe, Stateline, NV - 8/29/2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Harvey's, Tahoe, Stateline, NV - 8/29/2014

A review with a great picture of the sunset (it was an outdoor concert).

http://rocksubculture.com/2014/08/30...oncert-review/

Great review, and it's a different setlist, and yet Bernie was there. I like it, though. It doesn't look like a shortened setlist, but the concert, according to tweets, seemed to end before 3 hours.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Harvey's, Tahoe, Stateline, NV - 8/29/2014

That's a fresh take on the show. I like how he has photos of the touring band, even of the mysterious "Scotty Kramer"! He mentions having a front-of-house photo pass for the first six songs which has me wondering if the shots of Glenn on keyboards are from these or long shots later in the show.

I like this comment, it goes with what we were discussing in the Tacoma thread:

There were some new signs posted just for this engagement (depicted further below), asking fans not to take photos/videos or in any way use their cell phones. So it was nice (and maybe a little surreal) to see thousands in attendance watching a concert and no cell phones held straight up in the air.
    VK

the pics are spectacular, the sunset is really beautiful and the pics of the band and backing musicians is very good, much more thorough than what we usually see

Stuck on the Border

Glaring error, however:

Since Randy Meisner, founding bass player for the band, is not participating in this tour, one of the big hit songs that he wrote and sang, “Take It to the Limit” was not performed.

The song has been performed at most of the shows on this tour.

What great photos, though. Mr Henley even does a guitar face in one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Glaring error, however:

Since Randy Meisner, founding bass player for the band, is not participating in this tour, one of the big hit songs that he wrote and sang, “Take It to the Limit” was not performed.

The song has been performed at most of the shows on this tour.

What great photos, though. Mr Henley even does a guitar face in one of them!
    The author included TITTL in the set list, so I did wonder about that. If the set list is correct, then they added a song, so certainly not a shortened set list.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

The photos are awesome & what a gorgeous sunset!!

In the photo of the merchandise stand, there is a Take It Easy t-shirt. I don't remember seeing it at other concerts. I like it! Hope they have it at NYC.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the link to that review, VA. Love the pictures. However, if that is the true setlist, then there is no way that this show was finished in just a little over 2 hours. I would love for them to open with How Long at MSG. I wonder how they handled it? My guess is they performed it without Bernie, and then the lights went down and they reset the stage to open the same way they've been doing with just Don and Glenn coming back out for Saturday Night. If I'm right, that's a whole lot of resetting the stage though. But, hey, it would be worth it to have How Long back in the set. And looks like they dropped The Long Run for Dirty Laundry. As much as I love DL, I'd rather have TLR for the HOTE tour.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

really great pics...that venue looks beautiful!...but when they can't get the names of the guys in the band right or spell them right....makes me wonder about the whole review including the set list...

I agree, Z. While it was his job to get it right, it sounds like he's a fan, and we all know how easily these guys can blow a person away and make thinking impossible. I've struggled with remembering set lists myself, so I'm thinking that maybe he Googled previous set lists to help him out? There were tweets about the concert being over before three hours were up, so I know he got that part right. On the other hand, with other shortened setlists, 'festival setlists' as we call them, Bernie wasn't there and he was for these two shows. So it's hard to say.

UTW, I just saw your comment. I assumed, since he said he was taking pics from the mixing area as well, that he had a long range lens during ICTYW.
    VK