Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CenturyLink, Omaha, NE - 9/05/2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default CenturyLink, Omaha, NE - 9/05/2014

In a word --- AWESOME!!!

I'll write more later, but it was a great concert all around. The crowd around me, anyway, was great and it seemed to fire the guys up pretty good. They looked great, sounded great. Glenn had a cough and used a few tissues, but he sounded great. Oh my, he was having a spectacular hair night. They all were, actually. Well, except Bernie, of course, but he looked great, too!

I need to come down off this high a little bit. Hopefully I'll have time to write more tomorrow before I get to do it all again!
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 09-06-2014 at 01:34 AM.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: CenturyLink, Omaha, NE - 9/05/2014

Agreed, agreed, AGREED! The Omaha show is but a memory, but WHAT a memory! So glad I had the chance to meet VA and get acquainted, likewise with Kate - such super ladies!

Too keyed up to sleep but to tired to write in detail tonight and I have to be on the road in six hours so I'll write more tomorrow night. But they were in fine spirits and excellent voice and gave us what we wanted -- another excellent show! And VA is right...they were all having an excellent hair night. I think Timothy's is almost as long as Jean's (okay, not quite, but it was past the middle of his back!).

No change to the setlist, NO photos (they were all over people in my section right out of the gate) but after the intermission everybody was on their feet. Glenn started the second half by thanking the crowd for being patient and cooperative during the first setlist and then added, "but that's over" and Timothy raised us to our feet - where we pretty much stayed till the end.

Have GOT to sleep. Will check in tomorrow night and add more, but as always they did not disappoint.
    I just need a little downtime.........

One thing I want to mention before I forget. None of the people sitting around me, all VIP people, were from Omaha. All traveled, and some a great distance, to get there.
    VK

so glad you had a great time gals...love the hair comments...especially about Bernie...lol....love to hear that the boys were in fine form tonight...love it when Timothy's hair gets really long...

cynd...didn't realize I knew you from FB...lol

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Cynd & VA - sounds like you gals had a FABULOUS time! Can't wait to hear more. I know y'all must be tired because it is hard to sleep after an EAGLES concert!

The concert was so good that as we waited to get out of our row at the end, I heard two different people wonder aloud if there were any tickets to tonight's show left on a resale site.

I have to admit, I was worried at first. They did the first three songs well, but it didn't seem easy for them, and when I saw three boxes of tissues on stage, then saw Glenn cough after the first song, I wondered how it would go. There was no need to worry! The crowd loved Witchy Woman and I think that's where they really started to get into it. They all sang along like they'd been hearing the rearranged version their whole lives.

Once again, DD/D Reprise blew me away. The harmonies on 'maybe tomorrow', at the volume they use, with the arrangement of the instruments, I had chill bumps all over me. There is no other band on earth that can do it that well, and sound that good.

People in my section (floor center) stood for Already Gone and no one told them to sit. Not everyone stood, but it all worked out. I was lucky, no one around me or in front of me tried to take video or photos, so there were no distractions from security. Also those around me got in their seats and stayed there, they didn't get up and down to go get more to drink, etc, so that worked for me as well.

Soda, you might want to close your eyes a moment... The 'Plaintiff' joke made an appearance, and it got a big laugh. Everyone loved the song, it's so easy to sing along to. I won't go into how they did each song, since they did all of them extremely well. NKIT got a standing ovation from a lot of people, deservedly so. Long Run got a lot of crowd interaction and a standing ovation from a lot of folks.

It was gratifying and somewhat amusing to me to see the looks on people's faces after ITC was over. Joe smoked that guitar, and really performed the song. Watching him perform it live is always a highlight of my concert experience. Other songs of theirs are more well known for the guitar parts, and on the album, the guitar work doesn't come across the same (to me) as it does live. Anyway, there was a lot of pleased and shocked looks and the lady next to me said, 'Wow, that was amazing.'

There was a kid in the front row, and Glenn interacted with him a lot, which he usually does. At the very end, as they were walking off the stage for the final time, Glenn blew someone in the first row or two a kiss.

Joe wore blue jeans instead of black, which was a nice change of pace.

It deserves to be said again, Glenn had a great hair night! It seems longer than before, with a little more of a wave to it, and the entire night my fingers just itched to run through it. It didn't look to be a different color. Some songs it had a gray look to it, but most of the time it was the same brown as usual. Of course, there was a time it looked purple and twice it looked orange. It seems to depend on the spotlight of the moment. Oh, and the rest of him looked pretty good, too.
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad you ladies had a great time and that the band did not disappoint - they rarely do!

And VA - thank you very much for your investigative reporting on the state of Glenn's hair! lol

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Glad you had fun ladies. It really makes me look forward to next weekend. Hope Glenn is feeling better soon.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It was great to meet Cynd, and I'd like to thank her for scoping it all out ahead of time! It was great to meet Kate and Keith, too! Keith, looking forward to seeing you in NYC!
    VK

Oh, and according to Don, Bernie was wearing the same shirt as he wore in 1979. Bernie said Don just doesn't remember. Funny moment.
    VK