Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The One and Only!!

Default The One and Only!!

Not to mention his stunning good looks, Randy Meisner is a kind, humble human being. He is also one of the best voices and bass players in the business..

Out on the Border

Default Re: The One and Only!!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Randy. He looks so handsome and I have to agree DJ, he is one of the best singers, musician and kindest man in the music business. He is definitely One and Only.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post

Not to mention his stunning good looks, Randy Meisner is a kind, humble human being. He is also one of the best voices and bass players in the business..
    You said it DJ. It's hard not to love Randy!

Hi there every body, here’s a new kid saying “hello” from China. Finding this wonderful border is a true bonus to this year’s long National Holiday! Understand I should show up under “New Kid in Town” border, but I really cannot wait to line up here!
    Long story short, I’ve been an Eagles’ fan since late 1990s when I entered college, yet ashamed for having not been listening to their songs for quite a long time, say, around 7 or 8 years after graduation, until one night at the beginning of this year. Something weird stirring in my mind, I woke up and said to myself: “Yes, the first thing tomorrow is to checkout those good old songs I’d loved so many years ago!” and the rest is the story.
    Thanks to our great time, I came up with those long-lost sweet melodies rather quickly, amongst them, THE EAGLES. Embarrassed enough, when I first remembered this very band, I could only recall “Hotel California”. I am fortunate though, for not ending up there! The more results for my searching came out, the more interested I became. Now I have listened to some of their main albums, enjoyed some major concerts (I can never thank enough all those friends who shared those precious sources! ) and I am heartedly delighted to have found you here, so that I can learn more about the gorgeous band, to make friends, and to play.
    Ashamed though, I still didn’t get to the point why I line up here! I stumbled a little bit for 3 or 4 days since I came. ‘Cause it was a bit hard for me to tell whether I like Don Henley more or I love Randy Meisner better. Instinctively, Randy’s voice counts No. 1 definitely; whilst Don’s vocal was a “real” Eagles’ sound for me for many years even through those years I didn't listen to their songs. Visually, to me, they’re both good-looking guys, from the very beginning of the band’s establishment till this day around. However, what helped me choose Randy as “the one and only” is the disc 3 of HOTE (is it the way you call it?) . During that perfect concert by all means, I can see that Randy was in a good health & mood: did have heard of his illness because of exhausting long-time touring, which could be easily sensed during Houston concert; he looks really good in this one, thank god ! Despite less physical movements compared with other members, Randy’s harmony can be clearly heard, which makes “New Kid in Town”, “One of These Nights”, “Best of My Love” & “Already Gone” extremely gorgeous! Not to mention his own signature song, “Take It to the Limit”. I keep playing this song again and again, bursting into tears sometime even! Thank you Randy, thank you for bringing such beautiful things to us, and to the history!
    And THAT IS WHY I AM HERE ! ~~~
    Last edited by CBC; 10-06-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

WELCOME CBC!
    You will join a long list of devoted Randy fans here!

Welcome CBC Randy is a teriffic singer songwriter and artist and I wish he could still get out there! Have fun on the Border
    Leave Me Be I'm Just Walking this Line...I'm Out of the Border!!!

Thank you guys!

Sorry I didn't relise what this thread's title means until this morning when the photos came out slowly: it is for the one and only favourite picture! I mistakenly thought I had to choose the one and only Eagle for voting... ... Anyway, I do feel the warmness here and I like it ~
    BTW, do you have problems with the photos too? I can see some of the phots in various threads, but most of others can not be read at all!

Yee Haw Had to choose this one because he's a darn good lookin cowboy as well as singer!

Quote Originally Posted by CBC View Post
    Thank you guys!

Sorry I didn't relise what this thread's title means until this morning when the photos came out slowly: it is for the one and only favourite picture! I mistakenly thought I had to choose the one and only Eagle for voting... ... Anyway, I do feel the warmness here and I like it ~
    BTW, do you have problems with the photos too? I can see some of the phots in various threads, but most of others can not be read at all!
    Welcome CBC. You will find many adorable Randy photos here and videos also.

Quote Originally Posted by randysgirl View Post
    Welcome CBC. You will find many adorable Randy photos here and videos also.
    Thank you randysgirl, sweet name & avatar indeed! And thank you for having shared so many fantastic photos of Randy ~~~
    I am coming back today, actually, to share with you some of my debut screen capturing from the HOTE documentary, as you did some time back. Hopefully you could like them though they're not so great 'cause I am not an expert on it ~
    Unfortunately I'm again having problem viewing pictures on the border, wish what I'm uploading here looks OK for you......

Randy Meisner talks about his family & 3 Kids_1.jpg

Randy Meisner talks about his family & 3 Kids_2.jpg

Randy Meisner talks about TITTL_1.jpg

Randy Meisner talks about TITTL_2.jpg

Randy Meisner talks about TITTL_3.jpg