Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glyn Johns autobiography

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glyn Johns autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Surely, recording an album with Johns over a couple of weeks would be the ultimate Eagles redemption.
    The ultimate redemption would be for them to work with Geffen again. I think Geffen and Henley would rather drink poison than get back together.

Yeah, Geffen has been sued not once but twice by Henley! They did agree to appear in each other's documentaries, though: Henley in Inventing David Geffen and Geffen, of course, in History of the Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Question Re: Glyn Johns autobiography

Was Geffen's doc worth watching?
    How much of it was related to the Eagles & Henley?

Stuck on the Border

The Geffen doc is worth watching as he has had an interesting career. There's not a lot actually on the Eagles or Henley but it's good for context.

Banned

I'm not sure what relationship Geffen had with the Eagles. They were business associates rather than work colleagues weren't they?

I remember the "malcontent" line though. He owes Henley a positive or two for that.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm not sure what relationship Geffen had with the Eagles. They were business associates rather than work colleagues weren't they?
    The kind of relationship where you have five naked young men in a sauna?* In the early days, Geffen was very nurturing with the people that he managed. There's a thread on the Geffen documentary: https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=3813

*Geffen, Jackson Brown, JD Souther, Glenn Frey and Ned Doheney.

Out on the Border

I am going to watch the whole HOE documentary this time instead of just bits and pieces like I did last time. The parts I saw with Geffen, he seemed to feel betrayed by the Eagles and really pissed off at Henley in particular.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I enjoyed watching the Geffen doc a lot. Pretty much about how he came from nothing and made it big and bits about the people he worked with.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Rule View Post
    The parts I saw with Geffen, he seemed to feel betrayed by the Eagles and really pissed off at Henley in particular.
    Geffen is quite evil though, so you can't believe what he says. He makes Irving Azoff seem like a sweetie pie by comparison.

Back to the Glyn Johns book: many reviews say it's boring and not at all detailed about the actual studio work. What a pity, because the guy really is an amazing producer with a legendary body of work. Still, with two chapters on Los Eagles, one on Zeppelin, and quite a few on the Stones, I'm tempted to check it out.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 01-07-2015 at 06:40 PM.