Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell Freezes Over DVD Survivor Game

Default Re: Hell Freezes Over DVD Survivor Game

Once again my vote goes to Help Me Thru The Night.
    I just need a little downtime.........

I have a good idea of what I want to vote for, but I'm going to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I might be the only one who prefers Help Me Through The Night to Pretty Maids All In A Row....
    Nope!! Not on this DVD anyway. Help Me is a far superior performance to Pretty Maids. I thought we were supposed to play this game in relation to performance. Joe's phrasing is slightly off during this performance of Pretty Maids. (He does it better now.) However, it's dead on AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL for Help Me. Baking vocals, note perfect. Instrumentation is exquisite here. Joe's shaking like a leaf as he sings Help Me. Sober for only months, Help Me takes on a whole new life during this performance. The last time they performed Help Me was 19 years earlier!

Now as far as studio recordings go I prefer Pretty Maids. I guess that's one of the reasons Help Me is so special here. As I play this game I often am left wondering if we've all watched the same DVD. I'm also left wondering if everyone has watched it RECENTLY. Having seen it this week I'm really familiar w/these performances. I sat down and rated each song, etc....

I still think people are voting based on how much they like the song as opposed to the performance.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Border Troubadour

I can't believe all my favourite songs are being voted off HMTTN and PMAIAR are gorgeous while TLR is just sublime...performance wise and as songs in their own right??? I'm super shocked

Here we go again, I Can't Tell You Why...(and no, it seems I can't!!)
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I do have to keep reminding myself that's it's about this DVD and NOT the songs themselves. So I've rethought my votes for TS. I told myself next on my list would be HC but I think I need to try & help save The Last Resort. I remember that this performance of TLR is the one that actually made me take notice of the lyrics to this song.

I vote for Help Me Through The Night.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I vote for Help Me Through The Night...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Nope!! Not on this DVD anyway. Help Me is a far superior performance to Pretty Maids. I thought we were supposed to play this game in relation to performance. Joe's phrasing is slightly off during this performance of Pretty Maids. (He does it better now.) However, it's dead on AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL for Help Me. Baking vocals, note perfect. Instrumentation is exquisite here. Joe's shaking like a leaf as he sings Help Me. Sober for only months, Help Me takes on a whole new life during this performance. The last time they performed Help Me was 19 years earlier!

Now as far as studio recordings go I prefer Pretty Maids. I guess that's one of the reasons Help Me is so special here. As I play this game I often am left wondering if we've all watched the same DVD. I'm also left wondering if everyone has watched it RECENTLY. Having seen it this week I'm really familiar w/these performances. I sat down and rated each song, etc....

I still think people are voting based on how much they like the song as opposed to the performance.
    I'm not. So far I have voted entirely on performance, although my next vote which be based more on my indifference towards the song.

I agree with your comments about HMTTN. There is more to connect with here than there is with some other performances. My own preference is for PMIAR though because the rest of the band are more involved.

I agree with Midnight Visitor. The performance of HMTTN is incredibly moving. In an effort to save it...

I cast my vote for The Last Resort.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well these are two hard decisions. I love both HMTTN and TLR. Both Don and Joe showed emotion and did a great job with their songs. I love the end of TLR when the guys turned to Scott. Then Joe does a great job with playing acoustic guitar throughout the song and with Don F doing a solo.

I think HMTTN moved me more than TLR. So I'm sorry to vote against Don again because I actually love the song and performance of both songs, but I'm going to go with The Last Resort

Border Troubadour

I suspect it's in vain, but I vote for Help Me Thru the Night.