Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Something

Default Do Something

I was totally surprised to find a unknown song. At least it was unknown to me. I've I may thrust my ears, it's a song by Timothy and it's called 'do something'.

Who can tell me something about it? Is it quit new? Or maybe a solo song? But I thought to hear Don in backing vocals.
    I hope I'm not totally wrong, about it.
    help??
    I couldn't find in anywere els.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Last November the Eagles packaged their Farewell 1 DVD with a cd containing three "bonus" tracks. One was Do Something, the others were Fast Company and No More Cloudy Days. This was released the Friday following our American Thanksgiving as a Wal-Mart exclusive. It is indeed Timothy singing Do Something. Don sang lead on Fast Company using a falsetto voice that, in my opinion, doesn't do justice to the quality of his voice. Glenn sings lead on No More Cloudy Days as he did on the Farewell 1 DVD.

Default Do Something

Great song isn't it? It's on the CD that comes with the Farewell 1 DVD along with No More Cloudy Days and Fast Company. The video on YouTube isn't by The Eagles however. Is it just me, or does Timothy's voice just sound better and better?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Aha. It was the same double dvd fairwell 1 but now a new version with these bonus tracks? A limited edition as a thanksgiving present, sort of? Why was that. To make us (not me, but you folks living in america) buy another dvd, althoug we already had it? Not fair. Now we can't have these songs. Altough Glenn did 'no more cloudy days' also during the concert.
    were it video clips?
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Stuck on the Border

I love the song. I love the note of impatience that creeps into Tim's voice in lines like 'don't just stand there taking up space'. I think it sends a very positive message. It has a beautiful contribution by Don and the harmonies are wonderful I suspect the pedal steel part is played by Steuart, who has a writing credit. It's a bit like the sequel to Learn To Be Still, but I think it has more depth.

And Farewell, it is more than likely that all three of those songs will be on the new album. No More Cloudy Days will definitely be on it.

There are no videos for FC or DS as yet.

No there was no video. Just a CD with audio tracks bundled with that same FW1 we all had already. The only saving grace is it only cost $9.97 US. For that price I figured I could put the unopened one on the shelf for when the one I keep watching gets too scratched.

Default Re: Do Something

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    Great song isn't it? It's on the CD that comes with the Farewell 1 DVD along with No More Cloudy Days and Fast Company. The video on YouTube isn't by The Eagles however. Is it just me, or does Timothy's voice just sound better and better?
    I did hear it on youtube, the video along with it was made by a girl who lost her dog apparently. (dom girl, she better showed tims face in stead of some dead dog. did I said that? shame on me)
    But it is only tim? not eagles in the backingvocal?

Stuck on the Border

Please read my post above. Tim sings lead. Don sings the bridge 'run away/you can't run away'. Glenn sings harmony. It is an Eagles song.

Tim is singing lead, the guys are backing.

edited to add: tag FP...you're it!

hey I can't write that quickly. When I react on something my anser is already answered before I supmit my post.
    but thanks everybody.

I don't think I have seen it here in the shops. well I'll just wait for the new album.