Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Who do you guys side with? Felder or Henley/Frey?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Who do you guys side with? Felder or Henley/Frey?

Eagles7, without quoting it I'm referring to your comment about Glenn having a chance to show his gentler side in the documentary. If he had tried to make himself look as good as possible in the doc, it would have been all about his image IMO. But as it was, he wasn't too concerned about what people think of him. I prefer it that way. Also, most of what Felder says now is pretty complimentary, yes, but he has never admitted that he may have gone a bit too far when he was on his "let's trash Glenn" crusade. In fact it seems that he still doesn't see has he has done anything wrong, as seen in his recent "forgive but never forget" comment on Facebook. About the Grammy thing. He probably was asked about it, but one of his posts was worded in a way that was designed to make himself look like a victim again IMO. I'm referring to the post where he said "too bad".

Freypower referred to the "they're treating the wrong end of that..." comment that Henley said according to Felder. Henley may well have said that. But when we are angry at someone, we tend to say things we don't really mean. I hate people putting quotes like that in a book, because angriness and mean comments come and go in our lives, but in a book it looks like a permanent state. Glenn and Don H have never denied that they have had their bad moments, but they also had this bond that was there before Felder entered the picture. Felder also wrote that Joe and Timothy privately supported him in going after "the bosses". I'm glad that didn't cause friction between them and "the bosses", as it could have.
    Last edited by chaim; 06-26-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Some of the recent posts have surprised me. I thought there was nothing new to say on the subject but I'm interested about how the opinons of some fans have changed after being subjected to this board.

I'm always surprised by how many took against Glenn when they watched the documentary. I didn't get that but I can see he has a certain ferocity that some might find off-putting. What I latched on to was the obvious affection when old friends Bob Seger, JD, Jackson and Jack Tempchin spoke of him. However, according to Cameron Crowe, "...in it, you see the Frey that his friends knew. Funny. Tough. Cynical. A ruleskeeper", so it seems that Glenn was not misrepresented by documentary. No doubt, there was a softer side, but maybe not when dealing with band business.

So now I'm thinking of how Felder appeared in the documentary. I think he was trying to be fair and reasonable and doing his best to build bridges. He was less ingratiating than in many of his interviews, and although there was an understandable "edge" when he was describing his dismissal from the band he remained calm. I noted that he gave the relaionship between Henley and Glenn credit for being the "magic ingredient" and that surprised me. (This is me revising my opinion a little)

Border Desperado

Sorry about mixing up the release of The Long Run. Thanks or setting me straight.

Buffy, I am sorry for the division's your family has experienced. I'm glad your side of the family has a different perspective. Maybe one day e erroneous will see the light.

I'm not a betting person, but I just have a little feeling that one day Felder and Joe will play together, and the door may open to good will between all the Eagles.

Out on the Border
    Some sort of inn.. A monkey wearing a fancy scarf above me.. I’ll just order some wine I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    BTW - just as an example of my previous post, I would take issue with the comment that Bernie was a 'modest' guy. From many accounts I've read, I've gotten the impression that back in the day, Bernie could be very opinionated, bullheaded, and even confrontational. Not meaning this negatively or disrespectfully, but just an observation. If I'm right, he wasn't much different from Don and Glenn in those regards. Am I the only one that has gotten this impression? One example comes to mind is how Bernie walked into Geffen's office and boldly said "Well, do you want us or not?" Of course, they all mellowed somewhat as they matured.
    You're not the only one, my impression was that he is in some way modest and laid back, and in some way wants to do what he likes to do most and choosing his own way, even being stubborn and opinionated if he can't do what he wants. When I wrote my previous comment I was more thinking about Bernie having problems with the Eagles being carried around in limos all the time, because he felt like deliberately looking down upon the fans, and less about Glenn saying the last thing he wanted is being in prison with Bernie and Bernie pouring beer over Glenn's head. My bad, it was more of an error rather than ignorance. However, I see Bernie's question to Geffen more like a necessary action. But the Bernie thing wasn't really all that relevant anyway.

Glenn: Good evening, we're the Eagles from Los Angeles...
    Joe: Hey tell you what, if you got firecrackers, save 'em until you get home, lock yourself in the closet and light everything you got okay?
    Glenn: ... Thank you Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I find those figures for net worth to be highly suspect. For example, given that Don Felder has few writing credits on the Eagles albums, only played on 4 of 10 tracks of GH1 and hasn't played with the Eagles since 1st Jan 2000, how does he end up with nearly as much as Glenn? If it's the settlement or the book, then Felder screwed Frey and Henley.

Henley's estimated larger worth might have a lot to do with never having been divorced.
    Those "celebrity net worth" websites are baloney, like much of the info about celebs' money that you find on the web. The most famous one, celebritynetworth.com, admits that their figures are educated guesses based on a "formula" they've devised using "publicly available information" and estimates they make themselves about things like how much the celebrities' "lifestyles" cost! Not exactly scientific...

In short, don't believe everything you read, my friends!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten