Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you guys side with? Felder or Henley/Frey?

Default Re: Who do you guys side with? Felder or Henley/Frey?

and the interview he just gave does it again. Felder just can't help himself. He loves to get little digs in.

And he is promising another book...so he can dish some more dirt - No Thanks

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I was referring mostly to the "nose" thing, not calling someone bipolar. That's obviously more serious and he shouldn't have said it.

I do think that he did a lot of dramatization in the book and telling like a story with vivid details to try to sell more copies. Just like in the beginning when he says "we emerged one by one from the bowels of the stadium, our lips wet with beer"....it's as if he's storytelling and trying to make it dramatic. Overly detailed and exaggerated. Instead of "we walked onstage...."
    I know you were talking about the nose comment. I thought it was worth saying that the guy threw insults around throughout the book of which I gave the most serious example. Regarding the 'nose' thing, if you supposedly have some respect for someone as he claims to have for Joe then there is no need to make (I repeat) childish comments about the shape of his nose. It rather undermines his claims that he loves these guys & wants to 'reach out' to them. As far as I know none of them have ever sneered about his personal appearance.

However, regarding the dramatisation stuff it's indeed more interesting to read from a literary point of view than 'we walked onstage'. If he had just stated bald facts there would have been no book. I don't have a problem with that except for when it appears he is inventing things.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I really have a hard time believing that Felder is a passive-aggressive who does it on purpose. It just doesn't feel right to me.
    Regarding this, he chooses what he has to say. Do these endless digs at his former colleagues just slip off his tongue without him realising it?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Regarding this, he chooses what he has to say. Do these endless digs at his former colleagues just slip off his tongue without him realising it?
    Especially when he doesn't seem to do it regarding anyone else? If it was natural, I think he'd take digs at everyone.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Fair enough....

Stuck on the Border

About the "nose" thing...

To be fair, it's probably something that Joe himself has made fun of too. This kind of stuff is fine with me when it's said in good humour and the one who's being made fun of is doing it too.

Oh the times the ones dearest to me have pointed out how big my eyes are. My sister once told me that it looks like I'm looking at the world in wonder.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    About the "nose" thing...

To be fair, it's probably something that Joe himself has made fun of too.
    Joe's the Eagle with the best stories. Joe was visiting his grandfather in hospital, to say an emotional last goodbye before he died. As Joe was leaving, his grandfather called out "Hey Joseph!", Joe turned round, "Sorry about the nose".

I chuckled when Felder suggested his next book would be topped up with stories from other musicians. Surely they'll save them for their own books.

Don's anecdote about smashing up hotel rooms turn out to be about Joe smashing up a hotel room.

His first book was allegedly a therapeutic affair, I suggest the second book is a financial project. ie he has been offered a generous financial advance.

Ringo Starr has said he wont write his autobiography because he's a musician not an author. I'd definitely buy a Walsh book but I'd like him to concentrate on his music while he's still able.

Stuck on the Border

Didn't Felder say the new book would be for charity?

It's funny that I didn't really take in the "digs" in the interview. I know I read it because I thought back to something about Steuart Smith being really easy to work with. I suppose, I accept that working with the Eagles wasn't easy for Felder and that one of the key attributes of a good sideman is being easy to get along with (as described by Joe Vitale and others). If anyone should be miffed, I think it should be his band because Felder seems to be downplaying their musical talents in favour of their niceness. From what I've heard, they're a good band let down by Felder's singing and unadventurous setlist.

Stuck on the Border

I'm probably a person who tends to analyze everything Don F says to find hidden insults. But I didn't see that comment as a dig at anyone. At least I didn't take it as a "my former band mates were impossible" kind of comment. He was probably thinking more of the overall situation (pressure, plus drugs in the 70's that made people act like ******'s etc.) than specific people.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    From what I've heard, they're a good band let down by Felder's singing and unadventurous setlist.
    Disagree. I think he's a good singer. His voice is a bit raspy yet smooth, but I think he's a great performer and from what I've heard of him, a good singer. Maybe not the greatest, but good enough to put on a good show. I myself am a much better guitar player than singer but I'll still sing and still can put on a good show.