Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hell Freezes Over: Both Nights

Out on the Border

Default Hell Freezes Over: Both Nights

Does anyone have the full shows for both nights of Hell Freezes Over? I can't find the full first night audio anywhere. Would be much appreciated if anyone can help.

Default Re: Hell Freezes Over: Both Nights

We're both nights ever available? Did they televise both nights? Or are we talking bootleg ? I would love to see both.

Banned

I'm aware of the HFO DVD, CD and the fabulous bootleg, The Second Night which I've also seen with a different title.

I've always questioned the accuracy of The Second Night because I was thrilled at the time to learn that they played Lovers Moon, a track I loved that Glenn didn't even play at solo shows and then being disappointed to hear that they dropped it from the set list.

Sadly, they haven't performed Lovers Moon since. This means, though, if they only played two shows, Lovers Moon was only performed on the first night.

As much as I'd love to hear the other show, I think we're very, very lucky to have The Second Night bootleg, which is such brilliant quality, better than most bands official releases.

Other concert recordings I'd love to re-encounter are Joe's solo webcasts from the early nineties, back when I only had a lousy dial up connection that couldn't handle a concert broadcast and the Eagles 2001 Lucca show. I listened to it over the internet with the Italian radio presenter babbling over the intros and outros along with some technical issues but somebody must surely have recorded the FM radio version in Italy. Joe was on fire that night!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I've always questioned the accuracy of The Second Night because I was thrilled at the time to learn that they played Lovers Moon, a track I loved that Glenn didn't even play at solo shows and then being disappointed to hear that they dropped it from the set list.

Sadly, they haven't performed Lovers Moon since. This means, though, if they only played two shows, Lovers Moon was only performed on the first night.
    I'm confused. Are you saying that the "Second Night" bootleg has recordings from the first night? The one I've heard has Lovers' Moon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm confused. Are you saying that the "Second Night" bootleg has recordings from the first night? The one I've heard has Lovers' Moon.
    I must've read a review from somebody who attended the 2nd night and they reported that Lovers Moon wasn't played. So either the "Second Night" bootleg was actually a recording of the First Night. (I've just checked and Glenn's opening comments are "Welcome to our first gig in a long time") or the reviewer was mistaken and Lovers Moon was indeed performed both nights or my memory is wrong which is quite possible but I think it's the first option the "Second Night" bootleg is actually the complete first night show.

I've harbored this belief since I first heard the bootleg which must be close to 20 years ago. Never thought it was worthy of sharing until I read this topic.

Do I dare ask? Anyone know if you can still find the bootleg?

Banned

Well if you've the patience to download flac files;

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f14...ac-127275.html

otherwise just listen;

https://www.mixcloud.com/sinlopez/th...te-night-1994/

I much prefer The Eagles - Second Night Unplugged (1994) to the official HFO release.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 11-21-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Well if you've the patience to download flac files;

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f14...ac-127275.html

otherwise just listen;

https://www.mixcloud.com/sinlopez/th...te-night-1994/

I much prefer The Eagles - Second Night Unplugged (1994) to the official HFO release.
    The Mixcloud recording is unavailable in the states due to 'licensing restrictions'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    The Mixcloud recording is unavailable in the states due to 'licensing restrictions'
    Sorry to hear that, tjh532

If you're not put off by hitting a few dead ends, it's still possible to find the Second Night show using a search engine or two. It's definitely worth the time and trouble, if you're a fan of the Eagles music.

Mixcloud label it as;

The Eagles MTV Unplugged Second / Alternate Night
    Venue: Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA
    Date: April 28, 1994
    Source: soundboard

So that's the sort of thing to search for.

Thanks Funk 50! I will try to find it.