Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W/ Foo Fighters, The Roxy, LA, 11/14/2014

Default Re: W/ Foo Fighters, The Roxy, LA, 11/14/2014

Thank you for your review Mary. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Unfortunately Funk50, we in the USA can not view BBC's programming. Wish I could as you guys OFTEN have stuff I'd like to see. Thanks for pointing it out tho!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

Sad that you can't view the program MV. It's not being broadcast on the TV channel, it's only available on the website so I thought I must give it a shout.

My favourite moment was when one of the FF's asked Joe for a bit of County Fair and Joe strummed the opening chords.

It could be just enough encouragement for him to play the whole song at his next concert. As far as I know he's never performed County Fair live although Joe Walsh set lists are very hard to find, especially from the last century.

As un-attracted to the Foo Fighters as I am, I feel they really brought out the best in Joe. I love everything Joe does but the time he rises highest is when he rocks.

Actually I did get to see it yesterday. I'm so happy they give Joe the respect he deserves. The drummer is so adorable!! Absolutely dying over Joe. That would be me. Joe looks so happy when they're all freaking out after his solo. Did you notice the drummer calls the song Country Fair instead of County? Cracked me up as I've done the same thing. I think you're correct. I have several Joe bootlegs and I don't recall County Fair being on any of them. What a magical song! The first time I heard the song Outside I knew that they were attempting that feel. Joe brings it but a Foo Fighters song could never have the real brilliance of Walsh, Vitale & Bill S. all working together as they did. Thanks for the heads up about the BBC having that program.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Dave Grohl is a bad ass guitar player himself. I believe he played with Joe & Paul McCartney on one of the Award shows. I can't watch anything now (at work) but I will look for them on YouTube. I'm sure Joe & Dave were great together

The first time I've ever seen Joe and Dave together was when they played together on While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the Beatles special this past February. Dave is not bad on the drums. I didn't know he was a drummer. I guess this is before I found out he use to be in Nirvana. I just knew him from playing the guitar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    My favourite moment was when one of the FF's asked Joe for a bit of County Fair and Joe strummed the opening chords.

It could be just enough encouragement for him to play the whole song at his next concert. As far as I know he's never performed County Fair live.

He Done It!

Since it's just reached it's 40th birthday. Joe should now play the whole So What album!

I hope something shows up on YouTube, although I really don't approve of that type of thing

lol. I was thinking the same thing!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten