Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CMAs 11-07-07

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thanks for posting the video, it was great to watch. And they looked so good, I really liked their black outfit. The pictures are also fantastic, TF.

Wow, thanks for those reviews, Df and Soda. It sounds like a fun evening, and how cool to see the video put up so quickly.
    Thanks for finding those pictures, tf. The boys really do look great.

In England, the CMA show is being shown tonight (Saturday) on BBC2 at 11.45pm GMT. I'm going to try and record it too, so between us all, someone should get it!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thanks for posting those pics, TF, they are great--especially these two:

Quote Originally Posted by timfan

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Ooooooooooh, these smiles *siiiiiiiiiigh*
    GEF, have fun watching the CMAs. Looks like you are going to have much more fun than me. TV in Germany is really boring today.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We got a new home Entertainment system this week including a DVD recorder. So its programmed, the DVD is in and we're ready to go. As it my first time using this facility I don't know how it'll turn out but ..... hopefully it'll work We'll see!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Best of luck, GA!

Mine worked!! And hubby is away today, so I've managed to back it off Sky and onto dvd. I tried two screen formats for the guys - the widescreen one rather squashed out the edges, so I also saved a copy in 4:3 format.
    I enjoyed a lot of the show, knowing nothing at all about country music. I thought Rascall Flatts sounded like mainstream rock. I missed KU (sorry EF and Brooke), but have it recorded now so should be able to catch up late. I did glimpse Clay Walker in the crowd, which always gives me a warm feeling!
    It's the first time the Eagles have played without their entourage for a while. I agree, they seemed a little stiff to start with, but loved it when Glenn smiled at Joe and Don, and agree that it loosened up a bit after that.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I'm back home from my Nashville trip and had a great time with Soda and DonFan at the awards show. I am so glad I went even if our guys did only perform one song and our seats made my ears pop. Actually, because we were high up, we got a great view of all the "behind the scenes" action that was taking place on the three stages as Soda and DonFan mentioned. I thought that was very cool. As Soda said, as soon as we saw the gold drums being rolled out, we knew we were on the right side of the stage. I totally missed Carrie Underwood's performance because all the Eagles setup was happening during it, so I was otherwise occupied. I really can't add much to Soda and DonFan's reviews. I did try to get a couple of pictures, but I was concentrating on the performance so I don't know how they turned out. I'll post them ASAP if they turn out okay. As Soda and DonFan said, all in all, it was a very awesome experience, and I am grateful that I was able to see it live.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Thank you for the photos & reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes, thanks to you all. It was great to read and to watch the highlights last night.

Unfortunately the system did not appear to work as I couldn't get anything out of the supposedly recorded DVD . However the system is only new so its probably just teething problems. I have Disc 2 of F1 on at the moment (It used not work on the old player) so its a treat to watch Glenn in gorgeous, room filling 46" glory! (the others don't look too bad either

FP I LOVE this weeks avatar
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by timfan

Oooh, TF, thank you for posting those beautiful CMA pics of the boys. The pic above is my favourite. I pretty much gasped for air when I saw that glorious smile from Glenn . Be still my heart! ALL the guys looks very handsome and smart in their black outfits. Wow.

DF and Dreamer, thanks for your reviews of the show, and sharing your experiences with us. I'm so glad you had such a great time.

I'm trying to access YouTube now to watch the video - I've found the site painfully slow lately .

GEF, it's great that you were able to record the show.

GA, it must have been disappointing for you not to have succeeded in recording the show. At least your F1 Disc 2 is working again!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down