Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagles: Between Heaven & Hell

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I'm one of those who wants to read the book with full knowledge that the story is being presented from only one biased view point. Hopefully, it will be an interesting read, and we will actually get some information that we don't already know. As far as the tales of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll, I mean, c'mon, we already know these guys were the poster boys for bad behavior back in the day. I doubt that there will be many surprises.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I bet it shows up in US bookstores eventually, I'll grab it then. I can never get enough of sex, drugs, and rocknroll.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    I bet it shows up in US bookstores eventually, I'll grab it then. I can never get enough of sex, drugs, and rocknroll.
    You are too funny Bomber!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

LOL Bomber.

I'm the same way. I can never get enough of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll either.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Out on the Border eagleshenleyfan's Avatar

Me too LOL
    As I live in the UK i'll be able to buy this. I'll probably ask for it as a Christmas present.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - we've been so immersed lately with the new album that the discussion about Felder's book has kind of taken a back burner. There is another thread in the Former Eagles forum where we started some discussion, but I actually never got around to making any comments. Maybe I'll get around to that later. For now, I'll just say that I did read the book, and while it did keep my interest, I was rather disappointed about several things. First of all, it provided almost no new information that us hardcare fans didn't already know about. Also, since the name of the book included heaven and hell, I honestly thought we would get some more insight into the "heavenly" part of being an Eagle. It seemed to me that Felder's agenda was to dwell on the negative, especially how abused he felt he was treated by "the Gods". I couldn't understand if he was so miserable, why didn't he just quit instead of calling and begging Glenn not to fire him.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by eagleshenleyfan
    Me too LOL
    As I live in the UK i'll be able to buy this. I'll probably ask for it as a Christmas present.
    I must check out some of the bigger stores in Ireland. I haven't seen it in my local Borders which is very big. But I could easily ask for it as a Christmas present also. My brother likes to do as much of his shopping as possible on the internet!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I don't understand the 'begging' part either except that it's rather telling that at first he demanded to speak to Don, not Glenn. It apparently didn't actually dawn on him that Glenn was the leader of the band until that conversation. His protestations that he'd loved every minute of it and that they were his 'family' are hard to stomach when you read what he says about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I don't understand the 'begging' part either except that it's rather telling that at first he demanded to speak to Don, not Glenn. It apparently didn't actually dawn on him that Glenn was the leader of the band until that conversation.
    Or maybe he thought that if he talked to Don first and brought him around.......then Don could talk to Glenn on his behalf. who knows

Stuck on the Border

If that was the case, I believe the term Wishful Thinking is applicable.