Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Walsh At The Paramount December 2014

Banned

Default Re: Joe Walsh At The Paramount December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the review, Keith. I'm glad you enjoyed the shows. Joe is awesome!

I would encourage anyone with an opportunity to see any of the guys solo to GO FOR IT. I definitely don't think you'd regret it.
    As a humungous Walsh fan, I'd love to attend a Joe Walsh concert.

I've enjoyed a Henley solo show, though more admirable than entertaining, thrilled to hear Don give Bury a shout out! I was even lucky enough to attend one of Tim's very rare, low key solo shows, which was a treat. I would've gone to see Glenn's solitary UK, Strange Weather date in 1992 but, across town, Joe and Tim were also playing in London that night, with Ringo's All Starr Band, which I did attend. (This makes Tim, the Eagle I've seen live, most )

Since then, Hell Froze Over, the Eagles got back together, I've seen them together countless times, with Joe invariably playing a starring role.

Every time an Eagles tour closes, I wait for some Walsh solo dates to be announced, only to be disappointed when he, once again, confines himself to the USA, even when the Analog Man CD was released and needed promoting.

It may sound a bit sad but in retrospect, I'm pretty pleased I've avoided being initiated with a Joe, in decline, drunk, show and as the guy in The Shawshank Redemption said; "Hope is a good thing"

It's great that Joe's career seems to be so active and flourishing again although, after a very eventful last couple of years, there doesn't seem to be anything left in the pipeline to look forward to, apart from maybe a new Ringo Starr album in early new year.

Not to get off topic, but do you think Joe would participate in another "All-Starr band" album?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    As a humungous Walsh fan, I'd love to attend a Joe Walsh concert.

I've enjoyed a Henley solo show, though more admirable than entertaining, thrilled to hear Don give Bury a shout out! I was even lucky enough to attend one of Tim's very rare, low key solo shows, which was a treat. I would've gone to see Glenn's solitary UK, Strange Weather date in 1992 but, across town, Joe and Tim were also playing in London that night, with Ringo's All Starr Band, which I did attend. (This makes Tim, the Eagle I've seen live, most )

Since then, Hell Froze Over, the Eagles got back together, I've seen them together countless times, with Joe invariably playing a starring role.

Every time an Eagles tour closes, I wait for some Walsh solo dates to be announced, only to be disappointed when he, once again, confines himself to the USA, even when the Analog Man CD was released and needed promoting.

It may sound a bit sad but in retrospect, I'm pretty pleased I've avoided being initiated with a Joe, in decline, drunk, show and as the guy in The Shawshank Redemption said; "Hope is a good thing"

It's great that Joe's career seems to be so active and flourishing again although, after a very eventful last couple of years, there doesn't seem to be anything left in the pipeline to look forward to, apart from maybe a new Ringo Starr album in early new year.
    It's my understanding that Joe is working on a blues album. I think I even read that in one of the reviews for the recent NY shows. There will be more and hopefully he won't leave out the UK!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    It's my understanding that Joe is working on a blues album. I think I even read that in one of the reviews for the recent NY shows.
    This is FANTASTIC news!

I look forward to it!

Banned

Joe's Blues project is from about April 2013. So it's not as old as Don's Cass County yet.

Joe did actually say he's considering touring the thing on Europe's festival circuit. So hooray for possible UK dates but sadly again it's not a solo venture.

Just received news that Ringo Starr and Bill Withers, who are both involved in Joe's Blues project, are being inducted into the RnR HoF early next year.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ction-20141216

Here's two photos from the studio. One group shot and a namedropping photo of bassist's Tal Wilkenfeld's headphone mixer.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-w...r-ringo-starr/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BE0WI_oCMAAAbDC.jpg:large

When you're in the Eagles, I don't suppose you need to be in an(other) All-Starr band, unless the Eagles stop recording of course and even though Ringo has passed his 70th birthday, I reckon he could outlive the Eagles. Joe once again co-writes a tune and plays on Ringo's forthcoming new album.

We end the year on a high with a couple of "Keep on going though I'll never Know why" live dates from Joe and now we have some "Business As Usual" promise for the new year. Times are good, on Joe's part anyway. Things could be a lot more forthcoming from Don, Glenn and Tim.

I'm not taking this thread any further off topic. Need to start a "What are they up to? topic.

I get what you're saying about an "What Are They Up to Now" thread, but the problem is the big projects might get buried there. If they're doing things like a new album, which is a huge deal, we start a new thread for it. Announcements for live projects go in "On the Road" so if you've heard something, feel free to post it there! Many folks would attend a festival just to see Joe (I know I have done a whole festival for one artist many times).

I also appreciate your concern for taking threads off topic. I can tell you're a veteran of other forums! I remember the Television Without Pity forum (now closed) would ban people from going off topic - no personal warnings either, just a general one posted in the thread. The axe came down quickly. Oops, did I just go off topic?

Anyway, here's the thread for Joe's blues album, started when he first announced it:
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4660

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    It's my understanding that Joe is working on a blues album. I think I even read that in one of the reviews for the recent NY shows. There will be more and hopefully he won't leave out the UK!
    This sounds great and if he plays the UK I should be able to see him. He might even throw in a Dublin date for good measure!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP