Hi fellow Eagles fans,

I am Jonny, I am a classic rock fan from the UK and count the Eagles as one of my favourite bands. I've been lurking here for a while and have found out some really interesting things about the band and the songs from these forums. I am also really into Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young (& Crazy Horse), Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac, amongst others.

I suspect I am probably not alone in first hearing the Eagles via Hotel California, which somehow I only truly listened to for the first time last summer. Impressed by the song, I uploaded to my music library from my parents' CD collection and later added the full album as well. Having enjoyed this greatly I subsequently found their copy of One Of These Nights which I also loved and have since added all the other 1970s albums to my collection (I downloaded them but am hoping to replace these with the Studio Albums box set).

One weird thing was my parents used to play Don Henley's End Of The Innocence in the car when I was a child (this would have been in around 2003 or so) so I was introduced to his voice long before I heard the Eagles as a band - I had no idea he was in the band until a lot later.

I enjoy both the 'country rock' and 'harder rock' versions of the band, my two favourite albums are Hotel California and Desperado but I can listen to just about all the songs on the 1972-79 albums. I haven't heard Long Road Out Of Eden in full although I have heard a handful of songs, all of which I've liked to varying degrees.

I have too many favourite songs to list right now and don't really have a single favourite member as I think they have all made some great contributions over the years. If pushed I'd probably say Randy Meisner as I really like all his songs and he would almost certainly make my favourite Eagles line up. Vocally I think the original four were the best, but the best line up musically IMO would definitely have to include Felder in there (Bernie and Joe are so different I can't pick one over the other easily, which one I'd rather hear play depends on my mood). No slight intended to Tim of course, he's an excellent singer and bass player in his own right.

Looking forward to contributing here, seems like a nice community with plenty of opportunity for discussion.

Jonny