Thread: East Texas: The Henley Tour - Border Members' Trips to Don's Old Stomping Grounds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: My trip to Linden, TX Don's hometown.

Today is the one year anniversary of my trip to Texas to see my very first Don show in Austin and Houston. I definitely wasn't disappointment.

I started my 4 day trip to Texas by seeing Don's hometown again. This time I stayed the night in Atlanta which was about 15 to 20 minutes north of Linden. Sadly again. I didn't get to go to Caddo Lake. I left Mississippi a little late and I was meeting someone at a certain time. I didn't get to cruise Caddo Lake.

I forgot to post these pictures last year, but I guess its never late than never.

Almost there!

The famous water tower that was saved.

The famous shed and the steps Don sat on in one of his Cass County pictures.

Don's old high school.

Music City Texas Theater(formerly the American Legion building). A place where Don played a lot when he was a kid. I didn't get to go in this time. They were closed.

Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-16-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley