13 28.26%
  • Randy Meisner

4 8.70%
  • Timothy B. Schmit

20 43.48%
  • Joe Walsh

1 2.17%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Most Underrated Eagle is ...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default The Most Underrated Eagle is ...

A discussion we were having in another thread gave me the idea for this. It'll be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts, so have at it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: The Most Underrated Eagle is ...

I voted for tbs cause I was blown away when I saw him live in MAy at his solo show.

I have seen all 4 live solo and TBS just blew me away and suprised me the most.
    He's a talented dude.

No question for me. IMO Timothy is the most underrated Eagle but I think he likes it that way LOL... he just goes off and quietly does his solo touring and recording without assumption or ego.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    No question for me. IMO Timothy is the most underrated Eagle but I think he likes it that way LOL... he just goes off and quietly does his solo touring and recording without assumption or ego.
    I agree with you TF. I think he is completely underrated as far as his talent goes but also believe he prefers it that way.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

oh could I go on all night? oh yeah but I won't....I know he is underrated because when I was going on my "Timathon" this summer....no one even knew who he was when I said his name!

Stuck on the Border

I will go along with Tim being underrated.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm going to hold off on my vote for a bit because I'm torn between Timothy and Randy. I think both of them are extremely talented and both are kind of introverted and intentionally stay out of the spotlight. I probably give the edge to Timothy because of his longevity. He seems to be content with his role in the band and has been a very successful 'fit' with his laid back demeanor. Maybe he had the benefit of being more mature when he joined the band and also his role was clearer because the band dynamics were better defined by the time he came on. So, if Timothy wins this poll convincingly, I may give a vote of recognition to Randy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It's difficult for me to give an informed opinion, because I really don't know nearly as much about any previous lineups as I do about the current one. And I think anyone would have to agree that Timohy is the most underrated Eagle of the current lineup. I think that's why I was so, ummm...supportive when he put out Expando and toured with it. I remember some of you jokingly questioned my loyalty to Joe, because I was so enamored with Timothy. I was just so proud, for lack of a better word, that he was shining so brightly during that time. It was great to see him step out on his own and be recognized.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Felder for me.

But let me clarify something. By underrated I don't necessarily if at all mean his guitar skill (we've all said he's a great guitarist), but rather an underappreciation for his contributions and what he brought to the band and the respect level for him, not so much his abilities as a player. And an underrespect for him as well, and in some cases dislike for him.

Honorable mention would go to either Tim or Randy. Both are underrated as players and as band members.

It's also worth mentioning that outside this forum I've heard many people refer to him as "The Forgotten Eagle". Obviously they can't vote in the poll but I felt it was worth mentioning.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 10-28-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Felder for me.

But let me clarify something. By underrated I don't necessarily if at all mean his guitar skill (we've all said he's a great guitarist), but rather an underappreciation for his contributions and what he brought to the band and the respect level for him, not so much his abilities as a player. And an underrespect for him as well, and in some cases dislike for him.

Honorable mention would go to either Tim or Randy. Both are underrated as players and as band members.

It's also worth mentioning that outside this forum I've heard many people refer to him as "The Forgotten Eagle". Obviously they can't vote in the poll but I felt it was worth mentioning.
    I would appreciate it if you could be more specific about what you feel Felder's contributions to the band were. You use that word a lot. It would be nice to have it spelt out in more detail. From what I can see, both in the 70s & after the reformation, he contributed to a great deal of conflict, which ended with him being fired. I'd like to know more about his positive contributions apart from his guitar playing, because it was not really to do with singing or songwriting, Hotel California apart. You probably think I'm being unfair to you. Honestly, I'm not. I would like you to go into more detail about this.

I assume by 'the Forgotten Eagle' you refer to Felder. It seems to me that his defenders are extremely vocal indeed, and that he has not been forgotten in any way.

I repeat once again, I do not 'dislike' Felder. I have never met him. But I lost a great deal of respect for him after that book, and I can't change that.