Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Forum residency

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Possible Forum residency

Just found this on the metal message board I post on. Hmmmm…..

https://twitter.com/PollstarNews/sta...839346688?s=01

Default Re: Possible Forum residency

interesting...I always thought they might do this kind of thing at the MGM Grand in Vegas...Do they still all have homes in LA?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

No idea, but I would assume they do. This is interesting and I did wonder if Dolan would do something similar with the forum as he has with Billy Joel at MSG. This would be great as long as a person could get good seats.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

This is what Irving Azoff is saying:
    The Eagles film brought in fans, and people really liked “The History of the Eagles” show. Every time we go back, it sells out quicker. I mean, the Eagles now is a situation where it could be a tour-in-perpetuity. There are probably 12 cities in America that they can do a residency. I think we went back to Dallas four times.

The Billy Joel model that we’re doing with MSG in New York is an incredible model, and I’m gonna steal from that, meaning do it in other cities. The Eagles, by the way, have been doing a three-year version of that in Vegas, although we don’t market it that way. The Eagles have probably done 12 shows at the MGM Grand in Vegas in the last two and a half or three years, and every one sells out.
    http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/...i?news10250m01

If he could change "I mean, the Eagles now is a situation where it could be a tour-in-perpetuity."

To I mean, the Eagles now is a situation where it will be a tour-in-perpetuity, I'd be very happy! I think they should consider hitting some of the cities they missed before they take up residence, though.
    VK

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I will have to get a night job if they play every month at the Forum! I'm used to the first few rows, dang it! It would be so awesome because Borderers could coordinate shows to go to and we could all meet in LA!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I will have to get a night job if they play every month at the Forum! I'm used to the first few rows, dang it! It would be so awesome because Borderers could coordinate shows to go to and we could all meet in LA!!
    He did say '12 cities'!! LA is good in January and I'd love to be there now. Not so sure about July!
    VK

OMG...this is what I wished for in my 10/13/14 post !! I would think the band members would prefer the LA location...no travel or travel expenses like transporting equipment, hotels, overtime pay for staff traveling with them etc which translates to less expenses and more income. They would be home with their families after the show.

Maybe the concerts would be less structured and more fun than work for them. They could have friends stop by and join the show. Imagine Brian Wilson joining TBS singing CarolineNo or Glenn with Bob Seger, Jackson Brown or Don with Stevie Nicks or Joe with Ringo and Bernie, Randy, Don F (probably not Don F) sooooooo many more. Each band member could include a couple of their solo works. New Eagle songs could be introduced. Jeddrah and maybe Hank Linderman could join her father for a song or two. Each show would be an adventure and a surprise. The fans get their fix of great Eagles music along with a fun jam session. Not everything at every concert but I bet it would be an event other musicians would want to join.

LA is a perfect location because of so many artists living in the area, not to mention the dense population that could go to a show without traveling far. Plus CA is a vacation destination. There are people like me who would make a vacation out of it (beaches, sunshine, great music scene, natural beauty and Eagles concerts). These concerts could become as legendary as Woodstock.

I admit I am an optimist and a dreamer but it could happen! Maybe I could get a job as an usher.

My only negative thought is "Please don't make it Vegas". I am not a gambler so after 2 days, I am ready to go home. I have fun but overall it is not my kind of town or crowd. MSG would be a good alternative (geographically desirable for me).

Bottomline, aren't we all happy we may get to see more Eagles' concerts not matter what the location ?

Mary and VA, you sound as excited as I am. I have enjoyed the education I have gotten on this site from all. I listen to music with a keener ear now.

This would be fabulous! I'll keep my fingers crossed