Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Forum residency

Default Re: Possible Forum residency

This would be great, and far better than a Vegas residency. As Roey said, if you're not gambling, Vegas wears thin fast. Plus, everything is so overpriced there! I'd love to make seeing the Eagles perform at the Forum in California a regular thing!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would like to see them do a residency anywhere. Obviously MSG woud suit me best as its only one flight. But I'll take what I can get. I could do one concert every year (maybe 2 if they were back to back)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Is the band still based in LA? I'm not just talking about where the band members live, but where the crew live and the equipment is stored when they are not on tour. It's not just the band who are getting on in years so some of the crew may be ready for a life off the road.

Border Desperado

I know I seem to be the only person thinking this way, but that idea sounds horrid. What a shame it would be to turn one of, if not THE greatest American touring band into Wayne Newton and Celine Dion.

Border Desperado

I have a comparison that just occurred to me, and ironically, it deals with eagles. (The feathered kind).
    I live close to an American amusement park called Dollywood, owned by country singer Dolly Parton.
    They have an eagle sanctuary. Its a big area with netting on it where they have eagles just sitting around, and flying around inside the enclosure.
    They are pretty, even majestic, bu they aren't doing what eagles are supposed to do. They aren't soaring in the sky. To me, that's what the Eagles band, playing monthly as a "house band" in Vegas or LA would be like.
    For me, that would signal the END of the Eagles.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I know I seem to be the only person thinking this way, but that idea sounds horrid. What a shame it would be to turn one of, if not THE greatest American touring band into Wayne Newton and Celine Dion.
    I agree, Bill, but what I think Irving meant is more like Billy Joel's residency at MSG. I haven't studied the schedule lately, but it seems he plays there about once a month, sold out shows, of course. So it's not like it's every weekend or even a true Vegas 'show'. Just real concerts in real arenas where people want to see them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado

Does Billy Joel do other tours and concert dates in addition to this?
    If that's the model, you know do one a month somewhere, and then tour and promote and do other things, I wouldn't have the same issues.
    I just don't want to see the Eagles stoop to being a Vegas act.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Does Billy Joel do other tours and concert dates in addition to this?
    If that's the model, you know do one a month somewhere, and then tour and promote and do other things, I wouldn't have the same issues.
    I just don't want to see the Eagles stoop to being a Vegas act.
    Joel seems to have given up touring in favour of playing these endless Madison Square Garden shows.

BB, I am with you. I don't want to see them do this either. I would rather they went their separate ways & created some new individual music if they don't want to make another band album.

There is an interview where Don H said he liked the renovated LA Forum because it was structured for musical performances with great acoustics without consideration of being able to host sporting and other events. His also said in LA he gets more requests for back stage passes. This goes back to my original proposal that the shows could be an adventure with musican friends and family contributing to the performances. I will post the link when I find it. This makes me think he would consider a residency at the forum. There have been numerous Glenn sightings around MSG (Knicks games, Bob Seger concert) and we know at least TBS has an apartment in NY and Joe has roots in Jersey so maybe MSG is under consideration. Both venues are owned by Madison Square Garden Company (ie James Dolan whose band opened up for some of the Eagles concerts). There are alot of connections.

My vote would be for 5 monthly shows in LA. I would plan a vacation around a show (or 2 or 5) and 5 monthly shows at MSG. I can get from my office to MSG in 30 minutes. Then 2 months for the band to take a brake and give my bank account a chance to recover.

The Eagles are perfectionists and would ensure the concerts met their standards. Billy Joels' MSG concerts are far better than Vegas shows.

Stuck on the Border

I'm sorry but I don't see a band as rigidly structured as the Eagles suddenly having a plethora of guest musicians.