Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glenn to be interviewed at halftime today at MSG

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn to be interviewed at halftime today at MSG

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    They could be jeans but I would call it a suit jacket rather than a blazer.

Her glasses are very similar to mine but the dark frames don't really work with her colouring. Mine are the shape they are for a reason (it was only after I got them I discovered they are 'hipster' style).
    I looked back through other videos to see if Glenn had been a Stars At The Game for other games (since they don't tag them with names, they don't show up in search results), and this is the only one where she's wearing glasses. Hopefully, for her, it was just a temporary thing. BTW, he wasn't featured in any other video up to his early April appearance where he announced the Sept. 18 show at MSG.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

They could be jeans but I would call it a suit jacket rather than a blazer.

Her glasses are very similar to mine but the dark frames don't really work with her colouring. Mine are the shape they are for a reason (it was only after I got them I discovered they are 'hipster' style).
    I shouldn't even be making comments about her appearance. As my grandpa would say, "Well she's up there and you're sitting down here..." It's just that all I could see was those glasses! I was trying to pay attention to Glenn, but those glasses! But, they do look cute on lots of people, I think you're right about her coloring, shape of her face, what she's wearing,etc... I won't even get started on her bad extensions...It's like she's a perfectly nice-looking TV/live sports personality who is trying to make herself look bad. That is all. I certainly wouldn't want anyone critiquing my work look...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Interesting news! Can't wait to get time to listen!

He looks good but I can't say I like the short, tight curl in the hair though. It almost looks permed.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    He looks good but I can't say I like the short, tight curl in the hair though. It almost looks permed.
    I agree, Brooke.

Stuck on the Border

But that's what it looked like in Melbourne in 2013. Look at my signature. I'll post a clearer example in Frey Fever.

But that's what it looked like in Melbourne in 2013. Look at my signature. I'll post a clearer example in Frey Fever.
    I saw the photos that you posted in Frey Fever, FP. I'm Sorry, I just don't like the real wavy look. I also don't like the straight spikey look. I like a soft, relaxed wave which he has in the majority of photos. I assume that is the way his hair goes naturally. That being said, the man always looks great! I'll take him with whatever hairstyle he chooses!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

GL, I'm with you on that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Is it just me or has Glenn lost some of the depth / gruffness his voice has onstage and in the HOTE doc interviews? Might just be the amplification system and acoustics of the venue but his voice is a bit lighter than I recall it being.
    I was thinking something similar after the R&RHoF induction for Linda Ronstadt as his voice was noticeably higher for that. After listening to old interviews, I think that it's his "interview voice" that's different. In the doc, there are even some parts where comments from Glenn are spliced together and it sounds like two different people (specifically when talking about "How Long"). I vaguely remembered Glenn talking about using a different voice and went looking. So, from 1993:
    He's enthusiastic about his progress: "My voice is changing. I have a different screen voice. My actor's voice is bigger and more resonant. It's more from the stomach; it's not up here where it's like (he affects a squeak) 'Hi, we're the Eagles from Los Angeles!'

On tour, he may just have been husky from the combination of headcolds and singing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

VA - I'm a little late to the party here, but let me express my gratitude to you and HH for your great detective work here.

I loved the interview even though it was short. Did anyone notice that they call the segment 'New York Minute'?
    Kinda reminded me of another Eagle. And Glenn looked great - I mean ... how adorable is this?

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016