Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poco: Colorado Music HOF Induction Ceremony, Paramount Thtr, Denver CO - 01/09/15

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Poco: Colorado Music HOF Induction Ceremony, Paramount Thtr, Denver CO - 01/09/15

This is great, thanks SM. They played a lot of songs..

I wonder when the last time was that Timothy performed Rose of Cimarron? Poco played it during the 2009 Stagecoach show when he joined them, but he hadn't come out on stage yet...I'm just thinking how strange it would be to play a song(s) over and over, with a band that was known for playing a lot of shows, year after year, then you join another band and literally don't play that song in public for almost 40 years? I'm not saying that happened here, but it could...must be strange and bittersweet for him. And fun.

Default Re: Poco: Colorado Music HOF Induction Ceremony, Paramount Thtr, Denver CO - 01/09/15

Great vids and photos. Sounds like a fantastic night!

I wonder how long they rehearsed? Like MC says, it had been a while.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's Timothy with Joe's former manager, David Spero. This was posted on his page and of course other pages.

Well he has had his photo taken with Timothy before...

Great catch, UTW. I'll go with 1992?

And, does the sign on the monitor say "All visitors must disrobe completely." ???

I would love to have a collage of every photo where Joe and Tim are wrapped in each others' arms!

Or Timothy laying his head on Joe's shoulders. There's a lot of pictures of that.

I guess he forgot or maybe he was talking about just having a picture of him and Timothy together and nobody else in the picture with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Great catch, UTW. I'll go with 1992?

And, does the sign on the monitor say "All visitors must disrobe completely." ???

I would love to have a collage of every photo where Joe and Tim are wrapped in each others' arms!
    I never noticed that monitor before - lol!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Some videos from the induction ceremony:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-RgqcYYEv8[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK-G01-kfc0[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5n5J73VNA[/ame]

More videos from the concert:

Pickin' Up the Pieces

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=874YEtLGpWE[/ame]

Rose of Cimarron

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XreEYrV02b4[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-nlBeMpxdk[/ame]

Keep on Tryin’

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QUbDeYOgRo[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpqpDkfKZuk[/ame]

Good Feelin’ to Know

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0tgcda6s60[/ame]

Heart of the Night

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-EII69KQiE[/ame]

Bad Weather

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnKwM04_SjQ[/ame]

Here’s Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” (concert finale with all inductees onstage). The first video is just a snippet, but Timothy is more visible in it.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=19jLJD1n7nU[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bKkBgkEzI0[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD35j2AOK9w[/ame]

Good work as always, SM.

Here is an article about it that says nice things about Timothy! It also mentions Randy. I'm not sure that's it's "curious" that Randy wasn't mentioned. He was out of the band before the first album came out, and didn't they delete some or all of his vocals? I know they deleted his photo from the album cover and replaced it with a dog. They must have kept his bass playing, though. Anyway, I don't think it's surprising that Richie didn't include him.

http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2015/0...-photos/99003/

Edit: Just went back and read this and don't want it taken the wrong way. I'm not trying to minimize whatever contributions Randy made to Poco's first album. Just saying he was in the band for such a short time,not surprised he's not recognized 47 years later.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 01-12-2015 at 09:04 PM.