Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 US Eagles Dates?

Default 2015 US Eagles Dates?

Am I losing my mind?!

I thought I just saw a week or so ago where the Eagles were playing in St. Louis and other places in the US and now I can't find any deets on it.

I just started on a new medicine that is messing with my memory and I'm being serious as I thought I saw they were playing in St Louis in October.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 US Eagles Dates?

Since you're being serious, I won't say you're losing your mind!

No, they have announced NOTHING. Anywhere. I was really hoping that Glenn's interview today during the Knicks game would be an announcement of something, but it wasn't.

Irving teased us with the idea that the Eagles could do a residency in 12 different cities, but he didn't say they would.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I am totally losing my mind!!

I could have sworn I saw them. But I looked and I saw them last in October in St Louis which was in 2013!!!! Surely I didn't see some old concert info....

I was just looking tonight for ticket info.

I wish! Maybe it was an Eagies tribute band.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Does anyone see another "World Tour" in them or do you think it will be more of an existence of a few shows here and there?

I would say a new album (I know..pipe dream) would mean a full fledged tour, but otherwise, I'm not sure we'll see anywhere near the same scale we've seen with HOTE.

Border Troubadour

I can see them wrapping up within the next five years or so. I think they have to do something for HC's 40th, and it wouldn't surprise me if they called it quits beyond that. They have I think too much pride as a band to put on a lesser show or get slowly worse, and as amazing as they are now, they'll be approaching 70 very soon. I can see them doing one more visit to Europe and Down Under in 2016~ then solely confining themselves to North America or finishing altogether. Something tells me they would make it known that it was the final time they would visit somewhere.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Something tells me they would make it known that it was the final time they would visit somewhere.
    That would be a great idea, especially from a marketing standpoint.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I can see them wrapping up within the next five years or so. I think they have to do something for HC's 40th, and it wouldn't surprise me if they called it quits beyond that. They have I think too much pride as a band to put on a lesser show or get slowly worse, and as amazing as they are now, they'll be approaching 70 very soon. I can see them doing one more visit to Europe and Down Under in 2016~ then solely confining themselves to North America or finishing altogether. Something tells me they would make it known that it was the final time they would visit somewhere.
    For a start, I don't agree with this assumption that they will celebrate the HC anniversary when they have never done anything like that. As for Australia, there is no way they would come back here the next year after they've just been. No way. I'm not expecting to see them again.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    For a start, I don't agree with this assumption that they will celebrate the HC anniversary when they have never done anything like that. As for Australia, there is no way they would come back here the next year after they've just been. No way. I'm not expecting to see them again.
    I'm not as convinced as I realise my post now sounds about any HC acknowledgement, but I would have thought there would be an amount of pressure (perhaps assumption) on them to do something from the more mainstream media and fans, certainly more than they would ever have had for any other anniversary; though of course I doubt that would shift their mentality. I guess it all depends on what Irving and the guys want, though as it would almost certainly be their last act around that time I would have thought they would be slightly more susceptible to making it stand out, as opposed to being a F1-style generic concert.

I suppose 2016 is a bit early, but I would have thought that if they made it clear this was it, now or never or indeed never again, then they could muster up enough interest and sales to prompt coming back relatively quickly; of course to even it out they could follow they pattern they have for HOTE. I just can't imagine the guys would knowingly go on tour with no intention of ever returning and keep quiet about it, especially considering the enormous fanbase they have and the amount of people who, frankly, adore them.

I think it would be great for them to do something special for the anniversary of HC, but for some reason the band doesn't seem to capitalize on those anniversaries as much as you'd expect. I guess we'll see!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten