Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 US Eagles Dates?

Border Desperado

Default Re: 2015 US Eagles Dates?

I don't know the source, but it seems like, that back toward the beginning of the HOTE tour that Irving said that if you wanted to see this type of Eagles show to go now, cause this was a one time deal. One go around. He said that the band wasnt going away, but this type of tour/show was? I'm not sure if that was just a tactic to ensure ticket sales, and I don't remember where I read that.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I don't know the source, but it seems like, that back toward the beginning of the HOTE tour that Irving said that if you wanted to see this type of Eagles show to go now, cause this was a one time deal. One go around. He said that the band wasnt going away, but this type of tour/show was? I'm not sure if that was just a tactic to ensure ticket sales, and I don't remember where I read that.
    This one: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_5553742.html

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I know the band has a reputation of never changing things and there are some fans that believe that just because the band never did something before means that they won't do it in the future. However, IMO, the band has surprised us with quite a few things, especially in the past few years, that I thought I'd never see. My belief is that 2015 is a transition year for the band and they are currently exploring their options and contemplating their future. I'm anxious to see how they decide to proceed, but I'll take something over nothing any day at this point.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Thanks UTW. I knew I had read that.

To me, reading that again, it seems Irving is saying that once the HOTE tour ends, the days of the 3 hour concerts are over too.

I would definitely see the Eagles at 90 minutes. You'd for sure lose alot of great songs, but it would allow them to be pickier about which songs they could do easier vocally. You could drop the harder ones to sing, and still fill out a 90 minute set.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Thanks UTW. I knew I had read that.

To me, reading that again, it seems Irving is saying that once the HOTE tour ends, the days of the 3 hour concerts are over too.

I would definitely see the Eagles at 90 minutes. You'd for sure lose alot of great songs, but it would allow them to be pickier about which songs they could do easier vocally. You could drop the harder ones to sing, and still fill out a 90 minute set.
    Their shows in 2012 were two hours. I prefer 3 hours, but I can live with 2 hours. 90 minutes for a band is getting questionable. As GA said, it's hard to justify traveling a distance for a shorter show. Of course, they think along the lines of people that live in a given area except for places like Vegas, but then most people are there for other reasons as well. Still, even for locals, until you get off work, get home, fight traffic, get parked, and get inside, you've just spent more time getting there than a 90 minute show takes, and that doesn't count the same thing back. It's hard to justify that in the middle of a work week.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't expect them to do another world tour, but I can see them doing a few shows in Vegas every year for a few years. Probably 90 min. to 2 hours. Then they will fade to obscurity, sad to say.

I hope not, but.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Their shows in 2012 were two hours. I prefer 3 hours, but I can live with 2 hours. 90 minutes for a band is getting questionable. As GA said, it's hard to justify traveling a distance for a shorter show. Of course, they think along the lines of people that live in a given area except for places like Vegas, but then most people are there for other reasons as well. Still, even for locals, until you get off work, get home, fight traffic, get parked, and get inside, you've just spent more time getting there than a 90 minute show takes, and that doesn't count the same thing back. It's hard to justify that in the middle of a work week.
    I understand what you are saying. I agree to an extent. I think if you cut back to 90 minutes, you may want to consider a real opening act. I'm sure there are young artists that the Eagles have mentored or helped out and supported, or at least that Irving manages. That could be a showcase for that.

I remember how odd it seemed, the first time I saw the Eagles, in 95 with them having no opening act. (Granted, I didn't know it was a 3 hour show but I'd never been to a concert with just one band)

Border Troubadour

I would prefer to see some of the old hands like Jackson Brown or J.D. Souther open for them if anyone had to, instead of some newbies, make it more of a double header than the legendary Eagles plus some kids that no one really knows.

Anyway, I have to be honest and say I rather they finish on the crest of a wave instead of hitting the beach. Ending as a one-man 3 hour show is better than ending with support because you can only physically do 90 minutes.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

My boss wants me to schedule my vacation days for the year so she can approve them today. I told her it was a little hard to do without knowing what the EAGLES' schedule is this year.

Stuck on the Border

It won't affect me but I was very disappointed by some previous 90 minute setlists & the songs which were dropped, most of which seemed to be my favourites.