Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Randy's last show with the Eagles?

All of the concert chronologies that I've found online seem to indicate that Randy's last concert with the Eagles was September 3, 1977 in Wisconsin. But there is a widely-circulated bootleg of a November 6, 1977 concert in Houston, Texas with Randy very much present in his Criteria Studios t-shirt, singing and performing so well. The November 6th part is certain because guest J.D. Souther announces it's Glenn's birthday. Could it be possible that it was 1976 though, not 1977? They played Fort Worth on Nov. 3, 1976 with the next known date being Nov. 7 in Shreveport.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

That concert was on November 6, 1976.

Yeah, it's one of those bootlegs that got labelled incorrectly a long time ago and the mistake was perpetuated every time it was traded or sold by someone who didn't know better.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks, you guys! Frey people know their stuff.

Banned

It looks like the History Of The Eagles tour may be drawing to a close and I have to say that I've lost some respect for Randy.

Randy spent a long time as a professional musician, most of it struggling but his handful of years in the Eagles have set him up for life.

I'm not saying he owes the Eagles anything and most fans probably couldn't care less if he put in an appearance or not but despite absence making the heart grow fonder in this case it has had the opposite effect on me.

I'm very disappointed with Randy.

Border Troubadour

Isn't he quite badly ill? He certainly didn't look in the best of health on the (albeit brief) interviews he gave on the documentary and I'm certain I've read on here that over the past couple of years his health has suffered setbacks, seemingly to the point where any form of professional work is out of the question. I am absolutely certain that if he was able to he would have come back for even a handful of gigs, I remember reading he was quite upset that neither himself nor Bernie were invite back in 1994, alas it wasn't to be.

Funk, I'm sure Randy would love to perform again with the Eagles but he's not able to healthwise. Don H. has said that Randy would have been included in the HOTE tour if he was well enough.

It's really tragic when you think how Randy asked the guys if he could sit in with them at the 1999 shows in Los Angeles and he was rebuffed, as well as not being included in 1994 (despite Randy calling Irving Azoff to ask circa late '93). Now that the Eagles are finally open to having Randy back, he's not well enough.

Banned

I didn't know he asked to make an appearance at the millennium shows. Very sad he was rebuffed. I know he was hoping to be asked to do HFO.

The band were keen to have Randy involved in the HOTE tour. As far as I know his wife declined for him. So she didn't want him involved. The choking incident didn't sound like a long term problem.

Randy's entitled to his privacy. He may have a debilitating condition that I'm not aware of but as I said I'm disappointed with him.

Early on in the tour, it was mentioned that Randy wasn't there because of his health. I'm not sure if Glenn mentions Randy's health now. Is it still an issue? Has he recovered?

I can understand him not getting involved with the tour but I can't see why Randy's ignoring his fans.

I'm sure he hasn't lost the ability to communicate.
    If Randy would love to perform again with the Eagles, he's keeping it to himself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The band were keen to have Randy involved in the HOTE tour. As far as I know his wife declined for him. So she didn't want him involved. The choking incident didn't sound like a long term problem.
    F50, I have to think that if you know this much, you know why he wasn't able to join for the HOTE tour? I mean, if Irving, Glenn, and Don accepted the word of his wife and not talk to Randy himself, it stands to reason there'd be a very good reason for that, right? They would not have talked to her directly or taken her word for it unless he was not able to speak for himself. Do you really think they would have taken her word for it without checking out some facts for themselves?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

I have no insider information what-so-ever. I've no idea what the private conversations were, or who did the negotiations. I just thought it strange that Randy's public comments seem to come from his wife rather than himself.

I'm pretty sure Randy's wife said he wasn't able to do the tour even before his choking incident. Without really giving a reason.

I knew Randy would have to work hard to reach Eagles performing standard but I thought it was a bit premature and un-supportive for his wife to say he can't do it as it was still some time before the tour was to begin and it was likely to go on for a couple of years. Randy would have plenty of time to work on his chops but he'd have to be willing to put the work in and he'd definitely require the support of his wife.

I've done a bit of googling. There's a web of intrigue best side stepped but this quote from Don (I was reminded that Mick Jagger's guesting on Cass County too) from July 2013 seems to cover it;

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...eadon-20130705

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone
    The Eagles kick off their History of the Eagles world tour Saturday in Louisville, Kentucky, and Don Henley has confirmed reports that former guitarist Bernie Leadon will be joining them. "Bernie Leadon is definitely on this tour," he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Randy Meisner, if he were healthy and willing, might have been included, too, but his current health will not permit. We are all wishing him well."
    "Current health" suggests there is no permanent problem except obviously, advancing age.

The second part of "healthy and willing" suggests he was unwilling.

I take his lack of communication as unwilling but didn't want to admit it.