Thread: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Randy's last show with the Eagles?

All of the concert chronologies that I've found online seem to indicate that Randy's last concert with the Eagles was September 3, 1977 in Wisconsin. But there is a widely-circulated bootleg of a November 6, 1977 concert in Houston, Texas with Randy very much present in his Criteria Studios t-shirt, singing and performing so well. The November 6th part is certain because guest J.D. Souther announces it's Glenn's birthday. Could it be possible that it was 1976 though, not 1977? They played Fort Worth on Nov. 3, 1976 with the next known date being Nov. 7 in Shreveport.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

That concert was on November 6, 1976.

Yeah, it's one of those bootlegs that got labelled incorrectly a long time ago and the mistake was perpetuated every time it was traded or sold by someone who didn't know better.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks, you guys! Frey people know their stuff.

Banned

It looks like the History Of The Eagles tour may be drawing to a close and I have to say that I've lost some respect for Randy.

Randy spent a long time as a professional musician, most of it struggling but his handful of years in the Eagles have set him up for life.

I'm not saying he owes the Eagles anything and most fans probably couldn't care less if he put in an appearance or not but despite absence making the heart grow fonder in this case it has had the opposite effect on me.

I'm very disappointed with Randy.

Border Troubadour

Isn't he quite badly ill? He certainly didn't look in the best of health on the (albeit brief) interviews he gave on the documentary and I'm certain I've read on here that over the past couple of years his health has suffered setbacks, seemingly to the point where any form of professional work is out of the question. I am absolutely certain that if he was able to he would have come back for even a handful of gigs, I remember reading he was quite upset that neither himself nor Bernie were invite back in 1994, alas it wasn't to be.