Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

Banned

Default Re: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

Everybody seems to making assumptions, I'm just assuming the opposite of everybody else. What's wrong with assuming Randy's fit and healthy until we're told otherwise?

Henley said Randy's health (and willingness ) was an issue nearly 2 years ago. I don't know what the health issues were. Is there any reason why he couldn't get better?

We all heard about the choking incident. I'd call that a private medical issue but somebody in the Meisner camp decided it was worth sharing. I don't think we've had any updates barring convalescing at home.

I'm saddened that Randy didn't play any part in the tour. I'm disappointed that Randy, nor any of his representatives has given a reason why.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Everybody seems to making assumptions, I'm just assuming the opposite of everybody else. What's wrong with assuming Randy's fit and healthy until we're told otherwise?
    Sorry F50 - But those of us that are saying Randy has health issues are not assuming. Glenn states at virtually every show on this tour that Randy has health issues. So unless you believe he is lying, then it is not an assumption.

I'm saddened that Randy didn't play any part in the tour. I'm disappointed that Randy, nor any of his representatives has given a reason why.
    You have made it clear that you are disappointed that no reasons have been given for Randy being absent from the tour, and you are entitled to your feelings. It's kinda beating a dead horse at this point, but the reasons given are his health. As others have stated, Randy is entitled to his privacy and if he is unwilling or unable to disclose more details, I am willing to respect that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well said, Dreamer.

I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well said, Dreamer.

I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    So am I. I thought Dreamer said it well too.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yip, pretty much beating a dead horse about it. The tour is nearly over and he hasn't appeared. If he wanted us to know the details he would have told it. Time to move on.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Sorry F50 - But those of us that are saying Randy has health issues are not assuming. Glenn states at virtually every show on this tour that Randy has health issues. So unless you believe he is lying, then it is not an assumption.
    Oh Sorry, I didn't realise you were attending virtually every show on this tour.
    I'm just acting on press releases.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Oh Sorry, I didn't realise you were attending virtually every show on this tour.
    I'm just acting on press releases.
    I think that between us all, we have a pretty high attendance rate at a lot of concerts on this tour. Plus, as you probably know, once our guys get into a dialogue, they stick with it. Poor Soda is a little tired of the "Plaintiff" joke but we can always count on it making an appearance. The only variant I've really noticed is that sometimes Glenn mentions Bob Seger after the Nugent joke and sometimes he doesn't.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I don't think I've heard the Nugent joke. Is it worth re-telling?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I don't think I've heard the Nugent joke. Is it worth re-telling?
    I don't think it is, but I'll re-tell it anyway. Timothy introduces Glenn as being from Detroit. Glenn comes to the mic and says 'thank you', then, "Detroit, where mother is half a word." After the applause from that, he says, "Detroit, the city that gave us Ted Nugent and won't take him back." Sometimes he adds, "That's funny." Then sometimes after that he adds, "Detroit also gave us Bob Seger, so it all evens out." (There is always applause after that).

I am not a Ted Nugent fan and never have been. Not of his music, his politics, or the incredibly stupid things that come out of his mouth. So I don't like that Glenn says this 'joke'. First, it's not really a joke, he's serious (in my opinion). Second, it gives Nugent more discussion than he deserves (even negative discussion is discussion), and it only encourages the man to continue being an idiot. I hope I've not offended any Nugent fans out there, but just about anything he's ever said offends me, and he seems to like that.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you! That is funny. At least you know you & Glenn have something in common - you both dislike Nugent (and have a lot of company in that opinion).