Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

Default Re: Randy's last show with the Eagles?

He sometimes adds "I hope he doesn't get mad & shoot me with his bow & arrow".

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    He sometimes adds "I hope he doesn't get mad & shoot me with his bow & arrow".
    Yes, I forgot that part!

My first known exposure to Nugent was Cat Scratch Fever. Had no idea who sang it and thought it one of the worst songs ever. My cousin loved the song and played it all the time, which made it all that much worse for me.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I love Cat Scratch Fever.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really don't care what Ted does, but I do like his song Stranglehold.

Back in the day, hubby and I had the Cat Scratch Fever album and it was sitting in the very front of our album collection in plain sight. Our daughter, around 3 or 4 at the time, pointed at it and started crying. We had to move it behind some other albums so she couldn't see it. Scared her every time she saw it. Poor baby!

Now, what about Randy?! lol
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

We can probably assume that Randy is not a Ted fan either because Randy loves animals a lot, especially deer.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I don't think it is, but I'll re-tell it anyway. Timothy introduces Glenn as being from Detroit. Glenn comes to the mic and says 'thank you', then, "Detroit, where mother is half a word." After the applause from that, he says, "Detroit, the city that gave us Ted Nugent and won't take him back." Sometimes he adds, "That's funny." Then sometimes after that he adds, "Detroit also gave us Bob Seger, so it all evens out." (There is always applause after that).

I am not a Ted Nugent fan and never have been. Not of his music, his politics, or the incredibly stupid things that come out of his mouth. So I don't like that Glenn says this 'joke'. First, it's not really a joke, he's serious (in my opinion). Second, it gives Nugent more discussion than he deserves (even negative discussion is discussion), and it only encourages the man to continue being an idiot. I hope I've not offended any Nugent fans out there, but just about anything he's ever said offends me, and he seems to like that.
    Glenn only told the Nugent joke once in Sydney. When it was obvious that nobody knew what he was talking about he dropped it. Unfortunately last night he did Plaintiff instead.

Truthfully I loved Ted Nugent's music. Some of the Strange things he did when he was younger make me question his sanity. But now I happen to like him because I do like what he stands for. Don't hate on me now. LOL

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Out on the Border

Guys is it true Randy is estranged from his family? Looks like his daughter Heather goes by Heather Leigh only leaving out Mesiner is this true?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Don't know. Heather has since taken down the controversial YouTube posting.

On one message, R.'s wife said his children "are not in his life" but who knows. We say things in anger that may or may not be accurate.

Out on the Border

Yeah I heard that as well .Then when I seen she was going by Heather Leigh only , I thought it was quite strange. Just sad how some things go.
    I was also saddened Randy was not able to join the Eagle`s with Bernie, But I am sure he has his reasons. His health definitely should come first and if its not his health thats still his choice.