Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated Eagles Song Survivor

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Underrated Eagles Song Survivor

Good Day in Hell - gosh, it's getting tougher but I love ATTIG and reckon it's underrated by non-diehard Eagles' fans who might not be as aware of it as they are of others
    Last edited by DivineDon; 02-17-2015 at 12:00 PM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Rebel

I vote for "After The Thrill Is Gone." This was a hard one!

Long Road Out Of Eden

Again, I love ATTIG, but I don't think it is really very underrated. It was included on the Greatest Hits Vol.2 album (that is, the Greatest HITS album, not just the Very Best of compilations, which include some of the great but lesser-known songs). It is considered one of the best songs from OOTN, and it is just very highly regarded among hard-core and casual fans alike.

So, of the songs left, I think it is it the least underrated. This is not an indication of the quality of the song or how much I like it versus the others, but it just is not as underrated as the others.

I vote for After The Thrill Is Gone.
    BBKron

Check out my music blog, the BB Chronicles at http://bbchron.blogspot.com

I vote for Good Day in Hell

ATTIG is much more underrated as a song as its definitely not as well known as GDIH
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

Long Road Out of Eden

Stuck on the Border

That's very disappointing. Once again I vote for After The Thrill Is Gone. Good Day In Hell is one of the band's least known songs. Only real hard cores seem to know it.

Banned

After The Thrill Is Gone somehow made it onto the Eagles Greatest Hits 2 Album. What a downer to finish an album, never mind a career on.

Thankfully the Eagles returned. It's Your World Now is a better ending although I really hope it's not.

I vote for After The Thrill Is Gone.

Stuck on the Border

Not only is it on GH2, it's on Selected Works. It's the last track on the Ballads CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That's very disappointing. Once again I vote for After The Thrill Is Gone. Good Day In Hell is one of the band's least known songs. Only real hard cores seem to know it.
    Maybe the reason that GDIH is one of the bands least known songs among the general fan base is that its not a particularly good song.
    I know some people will disagree with me and say that its one of their early rockier songs but IMO it just doesn't sit well and I just find it boring and tend to switch off half way through it. I consider myself a 'hard core fan' and this is only a handful of songs that I truly don't like.

I'm not the best at describing the songs like some people are on here (who are very informative and make me look at songs in a different light) but GDIH just does not work - to me on this song, they sound like a tribute band in my local pub I listened to it again while I was writing this but

ATTIG is a great song - it encompasses all that is the Eagles - great music, harmonies and a good story. But it is still not very well known among the general fans even if it is on GH albums ..... sometimes songs just get missed out on and this is one!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"