Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Do I Do with My Heart

Stuck on the Border

The beginning is rather like Let's Go Home. I must say I do wish I knew who was playing what. That is my major complaint with the album's credits.

He puts in a magnificent performance here. It's absolutely compelling to listen to. When he gets to the bridge (making plans for TWO!) he just carries you away. The 'just me and you' is reminiscent of True Love, of course. He's never done all that improvising at the end either. I love it.

I can honestly say this is one of my fav.'s on the album. I loved the melody of it immediately. I also loved Glenn's vocals immediately. But when it got to the part where he starts really putting his soulfulness into it and Don takes over lead with Glenn adding in...........wow. That's all I can say! I get goosebumps every time on that part!

It's one of my favorites too, and like everyone else, the bridge is what really lifts it to the next level. He puts so much heart into it... I love it. I also appreciate that they split the lead at the end. They are really making an effort to be the EAGLES, not just Don and Glenn.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

There's nothing more to say for me. I totally agree with you three.

I have to admit that when I heard the snippet of this on the computer I wasn't impressed. I was a little bummed actually, thinking I wasn't going to like a number of the songs on the album from those comp clips. I'm so glad to find that's not the case. I don't have anything to add that others haven't already pointed out about this one. I just really like it.

Yeah, those clips aren't anything compared to the full song. It's actually a favorite for me, right up there with Waiting in the Weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    I can honestly say this is one of my fav.'s on the album. ...when it got to the part where he starts really putting his soulfulness into it and Don takes over lead with Glenn adding in...........wow. That's all I can say! I get goosebumps every time on that part!
    I'm with you, Maleah. I love it when Don takes over the lead and wails, "What can I do when I STILL missing you....."

As a matter of fact, when I heard that part, I found myself wondering what it would sound like if Don had sung the entire song!

(Runs and hides)

That's ok, DF, I don't really get interested in Center of the Universe until Glenn comes in on "Oh, love" lol. Our little foibles don't mean that we don't appreciate the talents of the other guys!

Another one that's OK. As far as love songs go it's good. I don't fast forward it. Bringing in Henley was an unexpected move, added something unique to the song. I liked that.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I'm really loving this song now that I've listened a few times. Definitely becoming one of my faves on the album.