Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rehearsals for 2013 HOTE tour

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Rehearsals for 2013 HOTE tour

Does anyone here know approximately when the band convened for rehearsals for the 2013 tour, and how long the rehearsals went on? Thank you.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Rehearsals for 2013 HOTE tour

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Does anyone here know approximately when the band convened for rehearsals for the 2013 tour, and how long the rehearsals went on? Thank you.
    In late April 2013, Glenn Frey said
    ”We’re about to begin rehearsals next month for our world tour.” The tour began in early July. That's the closest I can get.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagle...ckback=tsmclip

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm wondering what happened at the annual 'band meeting' in January. Don't they usually do that in January?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I'm wondering what happened at the annual 'band meeting' in January. Don't they usually do that in January?
    Wasn't a Don Henley solo date announced a few weeks ago? Perhaps a sign that they've set the band schedule and it allows Don time off to promote that elsuive album?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Wasn't a Don Henley solo date announced a few weeks ago? Perhaps a sign that they've set the band schedule and it allows Don time off to promote that elsuive album?
    Yes, but so far, it's only that one music festival and no other shows announced for Don, which is a little disappointing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, O Eagles peeps! Very helpful.

My question was partially sparked by an interview with Stevie Nicks, where she detailed Fleetwood Mac's intense rehearsal preparation for their tours - we're talking 6-7 hours a day for at least two months solid. "And these are songs we know!" she laughed. It made me wonder about the perfectionist Eagles, who have apparently followed a rigorous practice schedule since their beginnings as a band.

I also wondered about the timing of getting Bernie and possibly Randy involved. If the tour was scheduled to start in July, surely they would have approached the former band members as early as possible. I wonder if Randy had been approached before his accident in early March.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

True, our perfectionist Eagles would have done a lot of rehearsal. They did some shows at the end of 2012 and a show in Vegas in March of 2013, so musically, the songs they played in those shoes wouldn't need much rehearsal, except with timing and the new background video.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

I have wondered sometimes how long it would have taken them to refresh themselves in let alone rehearse songs like Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise) and Those Shoes again. Except for the three Millennium Concerts it would have been over three decades since they performed either...

Banned

I'm sure the internet has made preparation for a tour a lot easier.

From memory, the band, or probably Joe, set up a webcam (it was lousy, 1 frame every 2 minutes from the back of the auditorium) to capture the rehearsals for the 3 Millennium concerts they did at the end of 1999. Often labeled the shortest tour in history but they still rehearsed for about 3 or 4 weeks, 7 or 8 hours a day.

Still, it's a blink of an eye compared to how long they spend making a record.

Can anybody verify this, It seems so unlikely now, maybe I just dreamed it

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I have wondered sometimes how long it would have taken them to refresh themselves in let alone rehearse songs like Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise) and Those Shoes again. Except for the three Millennium Concerts it would have been over three decades since they performed either...
    Those Shoes would have required a fair bit of refreshing in particular given the prominent use of the talk box guitars, and the fact that I don't think it had ever been played prior to the Millennium Concerts. I can imagine it would have been a long time since they last played TLHTM too - without knowing for sure I'm guessing it would have been dropped around the time of On The Border, being an acoustic country/folk song which tended to be performed with all the band members at the front (see the BBC performance of the song) I suspect it would have been dropped from the set when Felder joined and the emphasis of their live shows started to move away from their close-knit harmonies to a more guitar-driven live sound (contrast the BBC show with Don Kirshner's Rock Concert to illustrate this, even the California Jam show without Felder shows some change in this regard).