Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rehearsals for 2013 HOTE tour

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Rehearsals for 2013 HOTE tour

I'm reading Bill Wyman's autobiography. I can't get through it, it is so boring and detailed. Never thought I'd say that.

Banned

Bill was apparently the Stones's self appointed chronicler and archivist.

Bad start isn't it.

YouTube has got plenty of high quality music to view. I wouldn't include the fan posted live footage as part of it. Entertaining as they can be.

If you want to reacquaint yourself with a back catalog. YouTube is the place to go.

Before the internet, you'd have to search out the sheet music, if you were a reader, the CD, record or tape and trust your ear or search out the musician(s) responsible.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm probably the only person interested in ironing out this particular stretch of the band's chronology, but just in case! I came across this little nugget today which indicates that negotiations for Bernie's return were settled pretty early in 2013:

February 27, 2013 The Eagles' Don Henley said that a former member will rejoin the fold for the band's summer tour, according to an interview he gave to Philly Classic Rock station, WMKJ-FM.

He did say that it will not be lead guitarist Don Felder, who left for the second and last time in 2000 and with whom acrimony remains (perhaps the result of Felder's two lawsuits against The Eagles and another for $50 million).

That leaves either bass player Randy Meisner, who sang lead on "Take It to the Limit" and who left in 1977 (replaced by Timothy B. Schmit, who also replaced him in Poco); or guitarist Bernie Leadon, who was influential in sending the band in a more country-rock vein (he and Henley co-wrote "Taking It Easy," "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "Witchy Woman") and who quit The Eagles in 1975 by pouring beer over fellow member Glenn Frey's head (he cited the need for rest and escape from all the band's drug-taking).

Border Troubadour

Couple of things there, firstly when did Felder leave for the first time prior to his dismissal in February (?) 2001? And secondly, of those songs listed, Leadon and Henley only wrote WW together. PEF is Jack Tempchin and TIE is Jackson Browne and Frey...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Couple of things there, firstly when did Felder leave for the first time prior to his dismissal in February (?) 2001? And secondly, of those songs listed, Leadon and Henley only wrote WW together. PEF is Jack Tempchin and TIE is Jackson Browne and Frey...
    Everything you say is correct. Felder never left before he was fired.

And given that the band STARTED as a country rock band it's hard to justify the statement that Bernie made them more of the same. The statement is usually applied to Joe making them rockier.

They couldn't even get the title of Take It Easy right, whoever wrote this.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-20-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The link to the article is posted on here somewhere. It was before any announced concerts, perhaps when Don interviewed with Philly before his Atlantic City solo show?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Sorry guys, I did several searches to find that article again, but no luck.

I hadn't even noticed all the errors in it, until you guys pointed it out! "Taking It Easy" indeed.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Sorry guys, I did several searches to find that article again, but no luck.

I hadn't even noticed all the errors in it, until you guys pointed it out! "Taking It Easy" indeed.
    I can't find it either, but I know it's on here if it's the same one I'm thinking about. He was asked about a the tour for the Eagles, and he said that Philadelphia was definitely a stop on the tour. It was before the first leg of concerts was announced, which I think was in March, and after we knew there'd be a tour. I'm not why else he would have been interviewed by a Philly radio station except for the Atlantic City date, but I'll keep looking.

Have you looked at the website for the radio station to see if the article still exists?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Good suggestion, VA: if I would've just googled it, whoomp there it is and a slightly longer version too, which goes into Mr. Frey's doings:

http://www.presstelegram.com/2013022...e-classic-band

P.S. Apparently the article even got the radio station's call letters wrong - it should be WMGK!

OK, I've been trying to get some details of the HOTE tour planning down, mostly to clarify Randy's possible inclusion and what may have happened. Not to cook up a conspiracy theory or anything sinister like that, just to understand. The unfortunate, even tragic, timing of Randy's choking accident in March 2013 is troubling.

As early as January 2013, Don H. said there would be a tour starting in summer of that year and that it would include former band members. They sure as heck weren't approaching Felder, so that could only mean Bernie and Randy.
    The relevant remarks begin around 3:13:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQiZpvcHM3s