Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Quoting Brooke: "But, the Eagles didn't act like they loved doing it. With all their struggles with each other it seemed they couldn't wait to get a show over with and get away from each other."

I don't pick up a negative or jaded vibe from them when they're performing. They are pros and put on a great show. But of course, both Don and Glenn have been quoted saying that "we're tired of these songs" which makes you wonder why they go on - though I'm happy they do. Maybe it's for the challenge?
    NMB, I was mainly thinking of the 70's and TLR tour there, but there were many times that they didn't look all that happy during the F1 tour too. Maybe it was the suits! lol They have looked much more at ease and happy during the HotE tour. Jmo judging from some of the pictures!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    NMB, I was mainly thinking of the 70's and TLR tour there, but there were many times that they didn't look all that happy during the F1 tour too. Maybe it was the suits! lol They have looked much more at ease and happy during the HotE tour. Jmo judging from some of the pictures!
    I'm wondering if doing the documentary has a lot to do with them seeming to enjoy themselves more? It was amazing on so many levels. Going through all the old footage and discussing the history brought back the magic they felt as they were gaining popularity in the 70's. It helped them to remember all the good times, and all the times they got along (Glenn said something in an interview to this effect). It helped put their career in perspective and realize they've achieved something few achieve, and perhaps made them more grateful. For LROOE, they were early 60's. Even younger for FW1. I'd have to bet on them thinking at the time they'd be mostly done at this point, yet here they are, seven and ten years later, still selling out large arenas as a single-billed act, and getting rave reviews from critics and fans alike. That should be enough to make anyone happy to be where they are.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.