Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Exactly! I was thinking of you guys, Flojo, etc...when I said that. We KNOW that fans come from Europe and the UK, because they're our friends on the Border!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

If the guys don't have the desire to tour at this point, then I guess setting up residency in several cities is the next best thing. I agree that L.A., Vegas, and NYC are good bets, and some of the other cities that cynd mentioned would also make good choices.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    New York; Atlanta or Miami; Dallas; Chicago; Des Moines or Omaha or St. Louis; Denver; Vegas; LA; Portland or Seattle
    Logistically speaking for the fan base, covering both coasts and some key cities in-between would still result in sold-out arenas. But it begs the question of whether limited 'gates' would make it worth their while because of the cost of taking their show on the road.

I point out again that Don still has Cass County to release and promote which could account for the fact that there are no further band dates being announced at this point in time. Timothy and Joe manage to keep themselves busy when the band isn't in full swing and I would bet that Glenn is looking forward to catching some Knicks and Lakers games before the basketball season rolls into the playoffs. AND there is the rumored Broadway production that could be requiring their attention as well.

They're all still going strong and I, for one, don't think that any of them are - to borrow a phrase from Timothy - 'ready for the rocking chair'.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This is an article about Billy Joel and his residency at MSG. He mentions Don as a bit of a blurb halfway through, and I assumed it was about him singing one of Don's songs. The end of the article, though, made me wonder just what friends might show up next Wednesday? Even if Don never makes a guest appearance during one of Billy's shows, I thought it an interesting read about the concept of a residency at a large arena.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...ncy-1.10569599
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It does sound like Henley could be a guest. Or was Billy just saying that rhetorically?

OT: BJ is an expectant father at 66?! Ay yi yi.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Maybe Henley will show!

This kind of helped me understand why these older artists keep doing what they do until these ripe old ages! I had struggled with why. Money? Surely they have enough to live very, very well for the rest of their lives and their kids and grandkids too! They don't need any more money. Don't they get sick of touring? This kind of thing makes it a lot easier. He will play once a week and go home! Huge! He doesn't have to record new music, people want to hear what he's already done!

Plus, I guess they just love performing for performings sake.

But, the Eagles didn't act like they loved doing it. With all their struggles with each other it seemed they couldn't wait to get a show over with and get away from each other. They are different than Billy though because he is the boss and the front man. His band works for him. The Eagles were a band and started disliking each other. They actually act like they enjoy performing more now than they did say, during the Farewell 1 tour. Remember some of the time you could tell they just weren't glad to be there? I do!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quoting Brooke: "But, the Eagles didn't act like they loved doing it. With all their struggles with each other it seemed they couldn't wait to get a show over with and get away from each other."

I don't pick up a negative or jaded vibe from them when they're performing. They are pros and put on a great show. But of course, both Don and Glenn have been quoted saying that "we're tired of these songs" which makes you wonder why they go on - though I'm happy they do. Maybe it's for the challenge?

Can you have ever have too much money? I think they might definitely set up shop somewhere. Even if there's friction, you can tolerate a lot for a few hours semi-regularly when you're getting the kind of cash they'll take home. They don't even have to see each other outside of the performances (although that would be a shame).

I hate Vegas. Everything is overpriced and if you're not into gambling, what are you supposed to do? Plus, there's so many sleazy characters there. Walking down streets littered with ads for strip joints and dodging hustlers... ugh.

New York is a fun place to visit, but also very expensive if you want to stay anywhere near MSG.

Los Angeles is gorgeous and you can find cheaper places to stay near the venue.

So, out of those three, my vote is LA.

These other nine cities spoken of in the original article... what could they be??? Chicago is my kind of town, and of course I'd welcome anything within driving distance from Memphis (fat chance I know).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Since I always do VIP, I'm not at all for MSG, since they have the state law that tickets have to given out right away, there's a lot of competition from scalpers, and I have no wish to pay to travel and pay expensive prices for crappy hotel, and have a crappy seat.

Vegas, I don't mind on a weekend like last fall, Columbus Day, but major weekends like Presidents Day and Memorial Day, the airfare and hotel prices are completely unreasonable. I don't gamble, but I have been known to allow myself an hour of entertainment by losing $30 on slots. Since I like sports, there's always a good game on a large TV somewhere, and that keeps me entertained. Especially if the teams are wearing Black and Gold. I can see why Vegas suits them, so many travel there, it's not like they're constantly relying on locals to fill seats.

LA was good, and I'd do that again, especially in winter.

I still have never been to Chicago, shame on me, it's only four or five hours away. I think Dallas is a likely candidate for a mini residency. Outside of LA and NY, I think Dallas has the third-most shows on the HOTE tour in the US. Since Don lives there it would be convenient for him, anyway. I'd go there to see them. I can't see them setting up shop in Boston or DC, because they barely went to either city for HOTE. Only two shows in DC, and considering it's the 4th largest city, two isn't very many in my opinion.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Come to New York!
    But I'm biased, I live here!
    I haven't looked at hotel rates for here recently, but transit to the other boroughs can be easy, so stay in mine, Brooklyn!