Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Banned

Default Re: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Manchester UK.

We mancunians tend to keep this quiet but Manchester is actually the centre of the universe

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

MSG is handier for me because I can make it in a weekend. I'd be reluctant to try to do Chicago in a weekend. The 3 times I have travelled through Chicago airport I have had delays - effectively we were 30 hours later home from our holidays this year than we had expected. Fine if you don't have work the following morning. LA would need an extra day for me too so less likely. I would spend more on the flights too.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Agree with NYC as a prime locale! Spent the summer of '05 (pre-K) at a rental in the East Village and still travel there for Broadway shows.

Dallas would be great, too! Don H. lives there and Texas is in the middle of the country. Like he said in the HOTE doc, "where the South meets the West."

Never been to LA, but it is where they began this journey!

Oh, hell with all that! Come to NOLA - it's one of the music capitals of the nation, and Don H. has ties to that city, too.

P.S. Please stay out of Vegas. That city screams "has-beens" to me.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I have to throw in Atlanta. I'd figure out some way to get up there for a show, even if I had to take a bus! Realistically, though, Atlanta as a residency is doubtful and only exists in my imagination.

Honestly, the other cities would be a "no way jose" for me.

NYC, Dallas, and LA would probably be the most realistic for the guys.

Vegas, well Def Leppard did do a residency there back in 2013 (Viva Hysteria), which they recorded and released on cd/dvd. Therefore, I wouldn't rule it out, but I can't see the guys spending a month in Vegas.
    Chicago, I have no clue.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

IMO, a 'mini-residency' would be a string shows relatively close together, time-wise, in one place. Especially when reading the article on Billy Joel's residency, and others, that seems to be what they mean. So given that, our guys did have a mini-residency in LA by doing six shows in two weeks. I've seen other articles that mentioned U2 doing mini-residencies at The Forum and MSG by doing 7 or more shows in a couple of weeks' time.

A residency, like the one Billy Joel has at MSG is a show or so once a month. You could conceivably say our guys have already had a residency at Vegas as they play there several times a year at somewhat regular intervals (they've avoided summer as far as I can tell). They do not have a stereotypical Vegas show, it's the same show they put on everywhere else, and they would continue that. There's a new arena being built in Vegas, and I can see our guys playing there three or four times a year until they decide not to do this any more. I can't see them playing a place that seats 5000 or less and doing a month worth of shows, what people tend to think of when it comes to artists 'doing Vegas'. I can say I'd be absolutely horrified if they did.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I love the idea of Dallas. I am a Texan, after all. That would be awesome! I'm not counting on it, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

IMO the Forum in LA is their most likely landing site. Since three of them already make the LA area home -and I think Don still has a place there as well - AND because it is one of the entertainment hubs of the U.S., it just makes the most sense to me (just like MSG makes sense for BJ since he's a New Yorker). Seven or eight nights over a two-week stretch a couple times a year would certainly leave them all plenty of time to do solo shows or other projects if they're so inclined while still keeping a unified presence for the fans.

On the flip side, has anyone heard anything recently about the rumored Broadway production?
    I just need a little downtime.........

I think the likely location will be the LA Forum. Don commented how impressed he was with the acoustics of the LA Forum. The travel expenses would be minimal (therefore the profits greater) since the band and most of the crew reside in the LA area. Glenn and Irv are friends of Dolan, the owner of the forum (&of MSG). It would be easier on the families plus it would be convenient for the band to spend time at recording studios or working on new material at each other's homes.

Geographically, I prefer MSG but I think California is great and I would gladly plan vacations to coincide with an Eagles' concert. IMO, Vegas is the least desirable location.

Now back to work so I can fund all these excursions!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I think that since the same people who own the Forum also own MSG, it would be both places. Yes, the band and likely the background musicians live in LA, but Glenn seems to spend most of his time in NYC. Timothy owns something there, and Joe has family there and seems to spend some time there as well. Regardless of where it is, costs to get the equipment and personnel there would be built into the price, so IMO that's a wash anyway.

Glenn hinted at the Broadway show when at the Garden of Laughs, but did not give a time frame or even outright say it was in the works. When he was promoting After Hours, in the interviews he also discussed the upcoming (at that time) History documentary. It would be too much to hope that Don mentions the Broadway show, or where the Eagles might be headed when he's out promoting Cass County.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Manchester UK.

We mancunians tend to keep this quiet but Manchester is actually the centre of the universe
    I didn't know you were from Manchester! Yes, it's amazing how much great music has been coming from Manchester - for 50+ years now.

My personal preference for an Eagles residency would be L.A. Maybe fan get- togethers or field trips would spring up: wouldn't it be fun to visit Eagles-related sites like the Troubadour, Dan Tana's for a "Lyin' Eyes" singalong, the Lido Apartments, Lucy's El Adobe, the former site of Asylum, etc.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 06-29-2015 at 01:02 PM.