Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy playing acoustic guitar in concert w/ Eagles

Out on the Border

Default Re: Randy playing acoustic guitar in concert w/ Eagles

Well, whatever history is associated with this photo, the whole thing is lovely. Thanks for sharing!! That made my night.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Photos of Randy's 1978 solo tour are exceedingly rare, but the haircut looks very similar to the photo in question:

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Photos of Randy's 1978 solo tour are exceedingly rare, but the haircut looks very similar to the photo in question:

I agree with you and Funk 50 I think this probably when he was out on his own in the 80's. IMO In all the video footage I've watched and I've watched a lot Randy plays Bass, except for the Induction into RR Hall of Fame.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

It's since been confirmed that the photo in question is from Randy's 1978 solo tour. Here's another photo from the same show.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Are you sure it's from a 70s Eagles show MightMistBlue? It looks like an early 80s shot to me.
    Agree with you Funk looks like from 78- 80's when he played guitar in his own band.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Banned

The weird thing about Randy's solo career, judging by the bootlegs I've heard, is that Randy doesn't appear to be the front man of his own band. I can understand him being uncomfortable in the spotlight but letting somebody else take over isn't a feasible alternative.

Out on the Border

The weird thing about Randy's solo career, judging by the bootlegs I've heard, is that Randy doesn't appear to be the front man of his own band. I can understand him being uncomfortable in the spotlight but letting somebody else take over isn't a feasible alternative.
    Try buying some legit solo albums. You might be able to hear Randy's supreme voice better.

That's interesting, F50. I haven't seen or heard any solo Randy bootlegs but will surely search harder now that I know some exist. What shows have you heard?

Out on the Border

What do you mean about not being the frontman? He is singing lead on every song!

Out on the Border

Funk, I do not know what you are listening to but I have all of his solo albums and he definitely is the lead singer on all of his songs. From some of your previous comments it is quite obvious you are not a big fan of Randy, which is fine, we all have our favorites.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 04-16-2015 at 01:14 PM.