Thread: Allphones Arena, Sydney, AUS March 6 2015

Stuck on the Border

Default Allphones Arena, Sydney, AUS March 6 2015

If you want a proper overview of the show read the review from Bob Ellis' blog in the March 4 thread. As for me I am overwhelmed, tired but happy. I had a couple of 'significant' moments & I hope nobody minds if I describe them. I don't know what it is about receiving recognition. It makes the whole thing worthwhile although you constantly think 'was that REALLY for me'? You don't want to sound like it's all about you but it doesn't happen often so...

Anyway during Hotel California during the lines 'she got a lot of pretty, pretty boys/she call friends' Glenn didn't blow me a kiss, he MOUTHED me a kiss. It was so sweet. I couldn't believe it. I was so delighted I just gazed back at him in awe.

Prior to this I had 'put me on a highway and show me a sign' directed at me twice. I wonder if I should make a signature of this now. Also before (oh God, Kashmir has just started playing on iTunes) the same song he explains that they are going to take a break. Before this he says 'how are we doing'? He looked at me & I gave him a round of quiet applause. You can interpret this how you like. I was honoured.

Oh, and the 'leadership' part. When he described how he pitched the Beach Boys arrangement of HT to the band & they all agreed I got the 'that happens a lot' line directed at me. As I have said on many occasions after all these years my user name may sound hackneyed to some but there is a reason for it. How I love to see this man In Charge.

Because I was right in front of Joe I got a bit of contact from him but there were a couple of young guys right next to me he played up to more. If I caught his eye I was happy. He was wearing a plain green T shirt in the second half. How I wish I had a photo. It was perfect for St Patrick's Day in ten days. He had on a red & black plaid shirt in the first half. His playing was just amazing.

As for Glenn's second half shirt it was blue & yellow plaid. It was very nice, and I honestly can't remember seeing any photos of it (which is hardly a surprise, I guess). He sang really well. He puts so much of himself into it even when he's just doing harmonies in OOTN, say. I have to say I don't think he gets the amount of applause he deserves when he's introduced. Most of the time I just stared at him.

Tim had on a white shirt in the second half but I had had my fun with him & Bernie at the previous show. I didn't get any recognition from Don but he was in a very good mood. Do you know I actually think it's him who strums the first note in Heartache Tonight.

Overall the musicianship is awesome & the camaraderie of the musicians is papable as is their friendship. Don't let anyone tell you these guys are only motivated by greed because it just isn't true. They love their fans & they love each other. It does my heart good to see them.

Again if anyone wants any details on particular songs I will try, but I'm a bit hazy at the moment. Front row does that to you.

Default Re: Allphones Arena, Sydney, AUS March 6 2015

I'm so happy for you, FP! Wonderful Glenntact!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Sounds like you had a great time, FP!! I'm so glad you're enjoying these concerts and all the attention!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

AWESOME FP!!!
    This high is going to last a while for you! SO cool !!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

So awesome for you FP, I'm absolutely delighted for you!

I know what you mean about the recognition thing. But I think you know deep down when something is meant to be for you or not. And this was.

Great to hear the band Is still on top form too. Makes me very hopeful for the future
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Cherish the moments, FP.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fp, sounds absolutely wonderful to me! To me it's kind of embarrassing to me when anyone in the band looks directly at me! I tend to just melt in my seat and have to look away! Good job on taking it like a woman!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

VK

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for finding that VA. There's that word 'lacklustre' again. But some of the mistakes in it - Joe's 'southern drawl'? He made a big deal out of being from 'Joisey'. Also LROOE did in fact do well for them. It sold five million copies.

And 'Fry' and 'Schmidt'. 'Why always the B' the guy says. Why always the 'd'.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

And 'Fry' and 'Schmidt'. 'Why always the B' the guy says. Why always the 'd'.
    I thought the exact same thing!!

Also, things were out of order. To someone who'd never been to a show, or read a different review, they'd think that Joe and Timothy B didn't come out until just before the break. Missed TIE as part of the encore, too. Several other things as well. I for one know it's a little overwhelming the first time you see the show, and I'm sure waiting two weeks to post a review meant things weren't remembered well.
    VK