Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More shows coming?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: More shows coming?

I used to do that, tweet back, but these days you never know what looney-tune you're dealing with and what could happen.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

Thanks for posting the link VAisForEagleLovers

( http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-2015-us-tour/ )

Any mention of Cass County is good news although "may be released in 2015" isn't really an update.

I'm still surprised by all the vitriol about the Eagles in the comments.
    The much vaunted, Flying Burrito Brothers, to name but one, changed their line up more times in 4 years than the Eagles have done in over 40 years.

When it comes to original members, few bands can match the Eagles for authenticity.
    Even the Beatles lost Stuart Sutcliffe and dumped Pete Best before the classic line up stuck it out for, not much more than, another half-dozen years.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link VAisForEagleLovers

( http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-2015-us-tour/ )

Any mention of Cass County is good news although "may be released in 2015" isn't really an update.

I'm still surprised by all the vitriol about the Eagles in the comments.
    The much vaunted, Flying Burrito Brothers, to name but one, changed their line up more times in 4 years than the Eagles have done in over 40 years.

When it comes to original members, few bands can match the Eagles for authenticity.
    Even the Beatles lost Stuart Sutcliffe and dumped Pete Best before the classic line up stuck it out for, not much more than, another half-dozen years.
    From 1962 to 1970 is 8 years.

Vitriol about the Eagles in these sites appears to be par for the course.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I agree about the comments on authenticity. Bernie and Randy both left the band during the 1970s, and were replaced with highly respected and very talented musicians who made major contributions to the albums they were on, and when the band finally reunited they did so with the same line up they had when they quit. There are no new guys tagging along with the members from the old days - you could argue, harshly, that Steuart Smith is but he isn't an official member and doesn't seem to be bothered that he isn't. Even if he was, it would hardly be on the same level as the absolute worst example I can think of, The Beach Boys, where Mike Love has hired people like John Stamos (who is primarily an actor) and fired the vastly more talented Brian Wilson. Of course, the Eagles are even more 'authentic' on the HOTE tour with Bernie Leadon returning.

I will mention Pink Floyd again (I think I might have mentioned that I like them quite a lot... ) as I think they are a good example of the original line up not always being the best - in my view Pink Floyd's pinnacle was in the 1970s with the albums between and including Meddle and The Wall, which were recorded with the Waters/Gilmour/Wright/Mason line up, which while the best known version of the band was of course not the original group. In my personal list of their best albums, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, the only full album they recorded with Syd Barrett, would be in eighth place at highest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    From 1962 to 1970 is 8 years.
    Where would I be without you?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Interesting that there are no shows posted between June 8th and July 10th. Maybe they are negotiating more but I have my own suspicions think this may be a break.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A definite break, IMO. Throughout most of this tour, up until last fall, they seemed to be 'on' for 11 to 13 shows, then a three week break before 11 to 13 more. They took a few longer breaks at various times. So...I have to wonder...what happens the end of August and into September?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Time for Don to release Cass County perhaps and possibly a few solo dates from him to back it up. Maybe too the others will fall in line and do some solo shows as well.

Or perhaps at that stage they will take the customary 6 week break and will have released some fall dates over the summer.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado

"Steuart Smith is but he isn't an official member and doesn't seem to be bothered that he isn't"

I got a different read on this. In the documentary, Steuart seems as if he thinks/wishes that he were a part of the group. He calls himself "part collaborator-part hired gun" and talks about liking to be involved in the whole process, not just playing the songs. I'm not sure why Steuart isn't an Eagle.
    Why go back to 4? They hadn't been a group of 4 since Felder joined.
    In the past, everytime someone left, they were replaced by an actual Eagle. Why not this time? This speaks of greed and/or pride. If you just hire another back up band guy, you are paying him (I would imagine) considerably less money, and he has no stake in the group, like the other 4. It just seems odd for a group that's identity was playing and singing, All guys playing, and all guys singing, (whether lead or harmony) to hire someone who isn't considered part of the group to be the Lead guitar player.
    Pride comes in with saying, "this guy wasn't here when we did all this, he's not getting to call himself an Eagle" for whatever that's worth.
    That's the only 2 reasons that I can see not replacing Felder with someone who is considered a part of the band.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Oh c'mon, it's a real stretch to draw a conclusion that Steuart's status has to do with greed or pride. To my mind Steuart is exactly the same as the Rolling Stones bassist Darryl Whatever, except Steuart joined the band even later than Darryl did. At that point in the band's career nobody is becoming a Stone/Eagle.

The last guy to join both bands who is a band member (Timothy/Ronnie Wood) joined in the '70s. You can't expect the same for someone who joins in the 2000s. What I remember is Steuart saying, "I'll never know what it's like to be an Eagle" or similar. He has no expectations, and he shouldn't.