Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween, London!

Default Happy Halloween, London!

Form the TimesOnLine, London, 10-12-07:

"Fans of the Eagles hoping to see the soft-rock legends play their first new music in three decades will get the chance at an exclusive concert in London — if they are willing to pay more than £1,000 for the privilege.

Tickets for the concert, which takes place in London at the of the month, come in several classes — the “gold circle package”, which includes a front-row ticket, is a snip at £950 plus VAT. Other tickets offered at £575 and £475 plus VAT.

Frustratingly, none of the 2,000 tickets will go on sale to the general public. Most will be offered to corporate clients by “invitation only” while others will be given out to competition-winners, record-label employees and the media. Those who do go will receive “full hospitality” — including free drinks and meals and commemorative merchandise — as part of the event.

Demand for tickets will be high, with the band releasing their new album, Long Road Out of Eden, only two days before the event. It is the first release of all-new music by the band in 28 years. As a result, the lucky few to attend the concert will be the first people outside the United States to hear the new material live.

The Eagles will play Indigo 02 in Greenwich, Southeast London, on October 31."

Thanks for posting that news, DF! Well, if tickets cost that much - good grief - it's little wonder then that they are not for sale to the general public. How many people would be able to afford such prices? It's an "exclusive concert", alright.

A thousand British pounds is equal to approximately 14,000 South African rands . Good grief, I say!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

What does a thousand British pounds equal in US dollars?

I just Googled it to find out:

1 British pound = 2.0412 U.S. dollars

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

OMG - that's insane. I hate to say this but I bet they are being paid mega, mega bucks to do this.

Oh this is killing me. Not that I could afford to go even if these were available to the public. But I'm having Eagle withdrawal. It's been too long since Glenn's concert and waaaaayyyy too long since I've seen all the boys.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

They are coming to Europe and I can't go...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yikes! You are not alone, EF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree about them being paid megabucks for this. Maybe the guys figure they will charge all the rich people magabucks, so that they can keep the regular concerts ticket at a reasonable price for the tour next year.

NOT! - Oh well, it was a nice thought, but I'm thinking that tickets for the next tour aren't going to be cheap. I will now try to search for the exasperated emotion.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm in a hotel tonight and have just coughed up for internet access. I opened my paper on the train and couldn't believe my eyes when I read that article. The Eagles are coming to London and I won't even get a chance to buy a ticket, never mind the prices. I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO GO!!!
    I've been trying to concentrate on the talks this afternoon, all the time thinking how if I'd been at home I could post this up, so thanks for getting the news so quickly, DF!
    And then I opened the arts section of the paper and there was en extract from Felder's new book and the boat pic and Glenn's chest and I was like
    I've posted the article in the Former Eagles thread!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    They are coming to Europe and I can't go...
    They are coming to London but I can't go. Lovely. Those prices are over the top, too dear for any non-posh fan, that's probably the idea, I'll keep an eye out for those competitions though.